Why isn't the energy link in mindcrack pack &// buidcraft pipe keep exploding while powering quarry

Marius Talpos

Jul 29, 2019
i was OK with it until v7 of mindcrack...where i had electrical engines connected to an mfe with solar panels powering my quarry...it works for like 5 minutes and then the quarry stops taking power(my guess) and all the power builds up in the pipes and explodes them...which is annoying...i dont get why this is happening, there are no loops and the pipes each have only one engine so its not like there to much MJ coming through...help

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Either connect the engines directly to the quarry or use redstone conduits. BC conductive pipes tend to explode.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Are you leaving the quarry alone without a chukloader as it is possible the quarry and engines are in different chunks so if the quarry chunk unloads the power has nowhere to go and pipe goes BOOM, try putting a chunk loader near the quarry and see if it solves it.

MapleBar

Jul 29, 2019
Are you leaving the quarry alone without a chukloader as it is possible the quarry and engines are in different chunks so if the quarry chunk unloads the power has nowhere to go and pipe goes BOOM, try putting a chunk loader near the quarry and see if it solves it.

I don't know if its the same in mindcrack but in the Direwolf20 pack the quarries double as chunk loaders and keep the chunks the machine and the actual quarry area are in loaded (eg if you have a 32x32 quarry exactly within 4 chunks it will keep those 4 chunks loaded + the chunk the machine is in)

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if its the same in mindcrack but in the Direwolf20 pack the quarries double as chunk loaders and keep the chunks the machine and the actual quarry area are in loaded (eg if you have a 32x32 quarry exactly within 4 chunks it will keep those 4 chunks loaded + the chunk the machine is in)

Derp completely forgot about that though its possible if the quarry is on the verry edge of a chunk that it is loading away from the engines and the engines are outside the chunk loading radius.

MapleBar

Jul 29, 2019
Derp completely forgot about that though its possible if the quarry is on the verry edge of a chunk that it is loading away from the engines and the engines are outside the chunk loading radius.

Yeah, usually why I double check to make sure my engines, pipes, chests, etc are all within loaded chunks

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and to answer the first question about the energy link if you mean the one that was present in certain other 1.2.5 mod packs that came from an addon not from a main mod so that addon is just not included in the pack for some reason or other (probably if it is updated they thought it was OP as it did output a lot of MJ/t)