Turtle Programs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Hi FTB'ers,

I wasn't quite sure where I should post this request so I figured the general chat would probably be the best place.

Anyways, I was hoping for someone to perhaps make available such turtle programs as DW20 used in his season 3 SMP series to make his 9x9 houses, collect stuff from bees and collect oil and such.

I honestly cannot code at all though I may just be able to make small adjustments to existing code. If anyone has these programs and is willing to share them, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Beleriond*.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
http://pastebin.com/bmW5UFWB

This is a quick little program I wrote to dig out underground rooms. The size of the room is customizable. Basically, you place the mining turtle in the front-left corner of where you want your room to be. Type the name of the program, followed by the dimensions of the room, and it'll dig forward, right, and up to make the room. It doesn't place flooring or walls or anything, so it's only good for digging out underground rooms. So, for example, let's say you wanted to build a room that was 9 blocks deep, 20 blocks wide, and 5 blocks tall. I saved the program with the name buildroom, so I'd type "buildroom 9 20 5" and run it. It'll dig the room, then return to the starting position.

It'll check if it has enough fuel as well. If not, it will try to refuel from the first inventory slot, so put some coal or coal coke or whatever you use for fuel right there.

I'm also a bit of a beginner with Lua programming, so my code probably isn't the cleanest it could be, but it works.

Oh, and if you didn't know, you can download programs directly from pastebin with a computercraft command. Just type "pastebin get" followed by the pastebin id (It's in the URL. bmW5UFWB for my program) and then the name you want to give to the program. So with the name I used before, it would be "pastebin get bmW5UFWB buildroom" although you can name it whatever you want.

Xerek86

Jul 29, 2019
You must all so change the HTTP API in computercraft.cfg to true to download i directly

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'd post the place I get my programs from, but I dunno if the boards censor.. I'll just say it's the page made by Guude for turtles.. Type " a place for guude's computer code" in google and it should be the 1st one (ejectd**ks.com .. if you know Guude, you should know what the ** are supposed to be)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/bmW5UFWB

This is a quick little program I wrote to dig out underground rooms. The size of the room is customizable. Basically, you place the mining turtle in the front-left corner of where you want your room to be. Type the name of the program, followed by the dimensions of the room, and it'll dig forward, right, and up to make the room. It doesn't place flooring or walls or anything, so it's only good for digging out underground rooms. So, for example, let's say you wanted to build a room that was 9 blocks deep, 20 blocks wide, and 5 blocks tall. I saved the program with the name buildroom, so I'd type "buildroom 9 20 5" and run it. It'll dig the room, then return to the starting position.

It'll check if it has enough fuel as well. If not, it will try to refuel from the first inventory slot, so put some coal or coal coke or whatever you use for fuel right there.

I'm also a bit of a beginner with Lua programming, so my code probably isn't the cleanest it could be, but it works.

Oh, and if you didn't know, you can download programs directly from pastebin with a computercraft command. Just type "pastebin get" followed by the pastebin id (It's in the URL. bmW5UFWB for my program) and then the name you want to give to the program. So with the name I used before, it would be "pastebin get bmW5UFWB buildroom" although you can name it whatever you want.
Neat. Would this work with tekkit? Despite my demands my bro insists on playing tekkit instead of FTB

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, he can play what he wants.

As far as turtle as concerned, if he is playing MC 1.3.2 or higher, these programs should work.
But if he is on the 1.2.5, he has potential errors all over the place, as it had less apis and only 9 inventory slots (16 now).

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Neat. Would this work with tekkit? Despite my demands my bro insists on playing tekkit instead of FTB
That depends on the differences between the version of ComputerCraft included with Tekkit and the one in the FTB packs. I never really used CC back in 1.2.5, so I don't know what's been changed.

If you're playing Tekkit Lite, there shouldn't be any issues since it uses a more recent version of CC.