Show Your Agrarian Skies world

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know how far you are with blood magic ... the phantom bridge is epic to build in the nowhere above the void ;)
BTW make a small dark room in a magic biome for pechs.

This is my first time with blood magic, So I am going in blind. any good pointers on how to best get into it? phantom bridge sounds like something that would definitely be a great tool for my kind of building style.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first time with blood magic, So I am going in blind. any good pointers on how to best get into it? phantom bridge sounds like something that would definitely be a great tool for my kind of building style.

Sorry its my first try with blood magic too so i cant tell the best way. But i can tell you will need a lot of runes of self sacrifice to get a good amount of blood i the altar. Just go step by step and you will need the FTB wiki.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Shameless self-plug

Oh, and I've also got about a third of the mod documented on the official FTB wiki.

Sorry its my first try with blood magic too so i can't tell the best way. But i can tell you will need a lot of runes of self sacrifice to get a good amount of blood i the altar. Just go step by step and you will need the FTB wiki.

thanks to both of you. Wiki and beginners guide it is then. good to know that there at least is some info out there. I always find magic mods to be hard to break into.

Oh: and a small creative progress update:
2014-04-01_21.52.57.png
One cannot really see it in this image, but I've begun on planning out the pathways and spreading the grass. I'm going to have to build some kind of vantage tower for the next set of shots. most of the work now is of the technical kind. making another igneous extruder and automating both cobble and smoothstone is at the top of my todo list atm. the house to the left is going to be the building material outlet. with the machinery hopefully fitting in the basement. upper floors are going to be purely Aesthetic.
Also on the planning board is a lake for fishing, and possibly a small fishing cabin at the forefront. haven't decided yet tho. I wish i had some willow trees right now. planting a couple around the lake would be awesome. but i can make them myself if needs be.

Reactions: Padfoote

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the activation sigil? or is a builders wand made available as a reward? The rewards in the goodie bags are sometimes quite OP compared to where one is in the techtree at that time. othertimes they just contain junk. full complement of Forestry backpacks @Jadecat? seriously?

You don't need a sigil. There is a 2nd recipe for the wand that is just 8 diamonds around a stick.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a sigil. There is a 2nd recipe for the wand that is just 8 diamonds around a stick.

Well. that is quite cheap. diamonds i have no use for atm, and they are a fairly common drop from sifting sand it seems. I haven't sifted much sand and dust, but the little i have sifted has netted me a bunch already.
I'm more in need of the ancient spores than diamonds atm.
besides, my building style works poorly with the wand. too much depth effects and mixing of building blocks for it to make much of a difference.

Iron is the main bottleneck right now. especially since having more of it would be nice so i could speed up the dirt making by abusing shears. i need at least 3 or 4 stacks of dirt right now. and making that by farming trees and crops is tedious.

Edited: for clarity and grammar.

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019

I'd strongly recommend having some source of regeneration before starting it, as it starts with a grind of sacrificing health, waiting for it to come back, then sacrificing some more. Sieving soul sand gets you the occasional ghast tear for regen potions, or you could get lucky and get a Jaded bee from a reward bag (they have the Beatific effect, giving regen to nearby players).

Though since you can make highly effective mob spawners in AS due to the lack of caves, having one of those and manually killing hostile mobs might actually be more effective here. One mob killed is equivalent to sacrificing a quarter of your health. I haven't given that a try yet.

Reactions: Padfoote

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I'd strongly recommend having some source of regeneration before starting it, as it starts with a grind of sacrificing health, waiting for it to come back, then sacrificing some more. Sieving soul sand gets you the occasional ghast tear for regen potions, or you could get lucky and get a Jaded bee from a reward bag (they have the Beatific effect, giving regen to nearby players).

Though since you can make highly effective mob spawners in AS due to the lack of caves, having one of those and manually killing hostile mobs might actually be more effective here. One mob killed is equivalent to sacrificing a quarter of your health. I haven't given that a try yet.

I have the jaded bee. got it in my very first goodie bag. haven't done anything with it yet tho. and abusing the perfect spawn rates of a skymap sounds like a great plan. maybe i could get some iron off of those zombies as well. I have more carrot cake than anyone could ever care to eat right now, so manual grinding isn't out of the picture.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

All of this. The rewards from Blood Magic are very nice and I can see them being quite beneficial here, but the startup cost can be deadly if you aren't careful.

And with the mob spawner and altar combination, just make sure that the mobs are killed within a few blocks of the altar or you're losing a good source of LP.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
All of this. The rewards from Blood Magic are very nice and I can see them being quite beneficial here, but the startup cost can be deadly if you aren't careful.

And with the mob spawner and altar combination, just make sure that the mobs are killed within a few blocks of the altar or you're losing a good source of LP.
good to know.
This pack, and this thread, is the sole reason I feel properly creative again. Most of my games after my fairly long break from MC in general has been of the derping around type. but this thread has gotten me nice and inspired. I'd forgotten just how nice it is to have a properly blank canvas for building stuff. and no canvas is as empty as a skyblock challenge.

I really hope more people will jump in and share what they are working on here. it's the way ideas spread. So don't be shy people. if you made it! share it!

Reactions: RestrictedDruid

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and just an update I did get a reward bag this evening that had a division sigil, 16 blackout curtains and a bunch of cursed earth.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and just an update I did get a reward bag this evening that had a division sigil, 16 blackout curtains and a bunch of cursed earth.

That is one sweet bag. I wonder if the bags are completely random, or if you're choosing one over the other has any effect. damn. there just might be a way to minmax the rewards here. I went left side this playthrough, and the rewards have mostly been very pretty good, last attempt i went right side, and well. i kept getting those fiery and evil dolls.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019

Can enemy mobs be sacrificed under the altar? Reading trough the beginners guide I am getting ideas of the Aesthetic kind. I think I know where to put the altar, but only passive mobs will be possible on the topside of it. unless i make the altar unlit. and that is not feasible once i go for the level 3 altar.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Iron is the main bottleneck right now. especially since having more of it would be nice so i could speed up the dirt making by abusing shears. i need at least 3 or 4 stacks of dirt right now. and making that by farming trees and crops is tedious.
Rotten flesh can be composted, so a mob farm is a nice source of dirt.

And a MFR Harvester harvesting 2x2 jungle trees gets you vines, which are compostable. And if you have a Harvester, a Sludge Boiler can get you some more dirt, though at random.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Can enemy mobs be sacrificed under the altar? Reading trough the beginners guide I am getting ideas of the Aesthetic kind. I think I know where to put the altar, but only passive mobs will be possible on the topside of it. unless i make the altar unlit. and that is not feasible once i go for the level 3 altar.

Never tried it, but if it functions like the Well of Suffering it should work.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Rotten flesh can be composted, so a mob farm is a nice source of dirt.

And a MFR Harvester harvesting 2x2 jungle trees gets you vines, which are compostable. And if you have a Harvester, a Sludge Boiler can get you some more dirt, though at random.

I've started to look into making a "dungeon" inside the main Island. I want to be able to go have some up close and personal fun inside it as well, so I'm aiming for some kind of katacomb like design. even perhaps with some sludge running from the sewers and such. I can hide MFR grinders at strategic locations, that way i can maintain it as an automatic mob essence farm as well when needed. I think my next update is going to require a video showcase at this rate. been working a lot on getting essential functions up and running.

I also discovered how to make mossy cobble and stone. I didn't know that the Ex-Nihilo barrels when filled with water and placed on stone would change it into mossy. that is just awesome.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to get enough nether quartz for the initial AE build. Sludge burner wasn't making soul sand fast enough, didn't want to go back to the Nether and dig it so I threw this together. There is a line of mycelium underneath the liquiducts. I take a stack of sand, stand on top of the barrels and just go in a circle from one barrel to the next turning the sand into soulsand. The line is big enough that the water refills and is turned to witch water by the time I get back to a particular barrel.
qxYyBUn.jpg

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I did the usual "Build your islands" approach as well. With a huge farming platform, never wanted to eat bugs and worms again. :)

But now it's time to start over with a somewhat different approach. "The Jaded One" saved us to rebuild the world and that is exactly what I'll do ... literally, chunk by chunk. Including forests, rivers, some smaller mountains, sand deserts etc. And then rebuild the civilization with farms, industrial facilities, NPC villages etc.

The material costs shouldn't be a problem. The main surface will be at level 60ish with 4 levels of stone below. That's 4 stacks of dirt and 16 stacks stone per chunk. A few barrels for composting stuff, some Igneous Extruders and a Pulverizer or two for the sand. And the Builder's Wand makes it super fast to fill a new chunk.

The goal is pretty much to make the world look as natural as possible ... as long as you don't dig too deep. :)

PS: It probably can't be repeated often enough. Thanks Jaded and team for this amazing pack. Really different from Monster, quite a challenge to get everything set up - and so much fun!

Reactions: Duror

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
I did the usual "Build your islands" approach as well. With a huge farming platform, never wanted to eat bugs and worms again. :)

But now it's time to start over with a somewhat different approach. "The Jaded One" saved us to rebuild the world and that is exactly what I'll do ... literally, chunk by chunk. Including forests, rivers, some smaller mountains, sand deserts etc. And then rebuild the civilization with farms, industrial facilities, NPC villages etc.

The material costs shouldn't be a problem. The main surface will be at level 60ish with 4 levels of stone below. That's 4 stacks of dirt and 16 stacks stone per chunk. A few barrels for composting stuff, some Igneous Extruders and a Pulverizer or two for the sand. And the Builder's Wand makes it super fast to fill a new chunk.

The goal is pretty much to make the world look as natural as possible ... as long as you don't dig too deep. :)

PS: It probably can't be repeated often enough. Thanks Jaded and team for this amazing pack. Really different from Monster, quite a challenge to get everything set up - and so much fun!

It sounds like you will play this modpack a very long time :rolleyes: and i hope you will show us some pics too.

Last edited:

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
Some new pics has been added in my first post. Im working on my biodome at the moment. My army of butterflies helps me to get new trees.