Thaumcraft 4.1 + Kami?

Rushman0

Jul 29, 2019
Seems that the Ichor wands that Kami offers are incompatible with Thaumcraft 4.1. Game crashes.

Anyone else having this issue?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You'll have to wait for TT Kami to update so it's using the newest TC API, as it changed with 4.1.

Reactions: RedBoss

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
TT build 103 (the current one) should be compatible with TC 4.1, but I haven't gotten to the Ichor stage yet in my game.

So ... update? Maybe? (Bueller?)

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using the ichor wand to craft all sorts of stuff, no issues

timrem

Jul 29, 2019
I made an Ichor wand in Direwolf20 Pack 1.0.14. After updating to pack version 1.0.16, which includes the Thaumcraft 4.1 stuff, opening the chest with my wand crashes the client to desktop (server keeps running). I assume it has something to do with the fact that I had to re-research the ichor caps and wand core. Also my Pech disappeared.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
We started new world during TC 4.1, and we can't research the ichor. None of the researches on any tab in Thaumonomicon are blinking, which should indicate we have learned all? Ichor still shows like grayed, unable to research.

I don't know if it's something i missed, or part of the reasons you guys are experiencing crashes.

timrem

Jul 29, 2019
Zaflis, Ichor research doesn't unlock until some (possibly all) of the Research Fragment research is completed in addition to the standard unlockable research. A new Ichor wand, which I crafted in version 1.0.16 of the pack, is working fine.

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Zaflis, Ichor research doesn't unlock until some (possibly all) of the Research Fragment research is completed in addition to the standard unlockable research. A new Ichor wand, which I crafted in version 1.0.16 of the pack, is working fine.
All research in any mod that loads before TT. I'm not sure whether there are any TC addons that load before it, because I'd filled out a couple of mods' trees before I finished the vanilla and TT researches...
Thankfully, though, research fragments aren't required to unlock hidden researches any more, you can discover them just from scanning related objects (e.g. zombie brain for brain in a jar, bone for bone bow, light source for the infusion lamps) :)

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
https://github.com/pixlepix/ThaumicTinkerer/wiki/Changelog-2.0
Build 101
  • KAMI research is no longer hidden.
Thank god... was starting to get desperate after we had the entire Thaumonomicon researched, and ichor still unavailable. Shame that these things happen that i have to override mod versions vs official DW pack.

There was another bugfix in Thaumcraft aswell, where it would forget all your research hints upon relogging.

This means we have potentially wasted alot of research possibilities. And now that we are in endgame kind of, it is much harder to find things to scan. It would be awful to rely on the fragments alone...

Last edited:

NioPullus

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that I have all the latest TT mod versions, yet ichor does not show up for me at all. I have researches all but about 15 things, but prior research is no longer required for KAMi, I am a bit confused.
I assume this is due to the fact that to my knowledge, no KAMI update came out after TC 4.1. Could be wrong, hope I am. Anyone know the solution to this? Thanks!

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Just going to say that it would probably be best to start a new world as thaumcraft changed allot.... it's been in a bit of a swing from patch to patch and there are some rather large issues even now. I believe the new major issue is that some research aspects now overlap.

anywhose the recent version of tt kami should have a command that's used to see what researches you need before getting to kami stuff need to turn on the debug commands though I think.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that I have all the latest TT mod versions, yet ichor does not show up for me at all. I have researches all but about 15 things, but prior research is no longer required for KAMi, I am a bit confused.
I assume this is due to the fact that to my knowledge, no KAMI update came out after TC 4.1. Could be wrong, hope I am. Anyone know the solution to this? Thanks!
KAMI mod itself just a switch to turn on KAMI stuff in TT, it probably never need update, but better to confirm that with the mod authors http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1813058-thaumic-tinkerer-thaumcraft-addon-evolve-knowledge/

PS: Latest version of TT is 2.3-130

NioPullus

Jul 29, 2019
Just going to say that it would probably be best to start a new world as thaumcraft changed allot.... it's been in a bit of a swing from patch to patch and there are some rather large issues even now. I believe the new major issue is that some research aspects now overlap.

anywhose the recent version of tt kami should have a command that's used to see what researches you need before getting to kami stuff need to turn on the debug commands though I think.

Ok, thanks. I'm not really inclined to create a new world, I've been playing on this one for forever and got a lot accomplished, but I'll look into the debug commands. I thought that the KAMI stuff was no longer hidden though?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ok, thanks. I'm not really inclined to create a new world, I've been playing on this one for forever and got a lot accomplished, but I'll look into the debug commands. I thought that the KAMI stuff was no longer hidden though?

I haven't seen anything that indicates it will be visible until you finish all research that isn't KAMI. I suggest getting all of that done first to see if it's really broken for you or not.

NioPullus

Jul 29, 2019
KAMI mod itself just a switch to turn on KAMI stuff in TT, it probably never need update, but better to confirm that with the mod authors http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1813058-thaumic-tinkerer-thaumcraft-addon-evolve-knowledge/

PS: Latest version of TT is 2.3-130

I assume you mean "force enable KAMI"? I'm trying that now. I feel a bit silly for not checking the config first, sorry and thanks for the help.[DOUBLEPOST=1394154015][/DOUBLEPOST]
I haven't seen anything that indicates it will be visible until you finish all research that isn't KAMI. I suggest getting all of that done first to see if it's really broken for you or not.

It's very possible I miss interpreted this, but I believe in the changelog it states: "KAMI research items no longer hidden" or something similar.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It's very possible I miss interpreted this, but I believe in the changelog it states: "KAMI research items no longer hidden" or something similar.

You are correct about that, I was unaware that changed. However, the way I'm reading that is that the research is visible at all times, but not necessarily available; I have a feeling that you still need all other researches complete before you can begin with KAMI.

NioPullus

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct about that, I was unaware that changed. However, the way I'm reading that is that the research is visible at all times, but not necessarily available; I have a feeling that you still need all other researches complete before you can begin with KAMI.

Understood, but for me, no KAMI items ever even show up. This is what worries me, I'll look around for it I guess. Now it's in the TT tab, right? The only reason I ask is because as there hasn't been an update for KAMI, I assume the tab hasn't changed. Not sure.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Understood, but for me, no KAMI items ever even show up. This is what worries me, I'll look around for it I guess. Now it's in the TT tab, right? The only reason I ask is because as there hasn't been an update for KAMI, I assume the tab hasn't changed. Not sure.

I would assume that's where it is. I'll fire up a test world and take a look. I'll edit this post once I check it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Alright, so I just checked the TT tab, and it's there. I can't read the name since it's in the weird runic symbols, but it's visible. Check and see if you have a Dimensional Shards research in the TT tab, as Ichor is right below that. If you don't, I suggest messing around on a test world to see if you can get it working.