Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
How do I replace or upgrade parts on my tools? Did a search but could not find the info here. I did find some info at http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1953828-16x-iguana-tweaks-for-tinkers-construct/ but I can't seem to get it to work as shown in his screenshots and the way he describes. Do I need to use a tool forge to do it or will a tool station suffice? I checked the config files and I see it is enabled so I'm at a loss.

EDIT: I see I am getting no replies so let me clarify a little. I tried adding a bronze pick head to my copper pick, and before that tried my copper pick head to my flint pick. Also tried to put a bronze blade on a copper rapier. None of them gave a result like they were not a valid recipe in a tool station. I like the pack but I am holding off on playing until I can figure out this bit. Maybe it's a must to go to iron after copper and flint can't be upgraded? I'm not sure but just asking for a confirmation if that's true or clarification if it isn't. Or maybe just point me to where I can find the answers if they have already been answered. Thanks

EDIT2: Ahh the tool had to be at 100% repaired to upgrade, thanks for the help Nolaw that was what I was doing wrong

Last edited:

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
You did it again, made single player worlds fun again.

I really enjoy this pack when i get bored of the EASY mode some packs have become.

Eyamaz, anyway you can throw together a mod pack that is like how ultimate was. Adding Greg tech, as well as your survival aspect to it. i still can believe this hasn't been done. i semi understand the whole GT vs TinCon thing that happened, but i would hope they could have gotten over that. Some of the player base really enjoy both those mode + the tweaks you add to it.

Once again, Great job!!!

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz look at my sig lol
FrankerZ.png

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have Project Red volcanos set to not generate on purpose? If not please enable them? Also the marble?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have Project Red volcanos set to not generate on purpose? If not please enable them? Also the marble?

I have them set not to gen on purpose as the added world gen adds extra lag on a pack I'm already trying to cut lag on. When I update to the new PR, I'll see if he reduced the overhead of the algorithm or not. I've spent a lot of time over the last few days trying to cut the lag from the AI down to just turn on something I know from experience causes undo lag.

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
I have them set not to gen on purpose as the added world gen adds extra lag on a pack I'm already trying to cut lag on. When I update to the new PR, I'll see if he reduced the overhead of the algorithm or not. I've spent a lot of time over the last few days trying to cut the lag from the AI down to just turn on something I know from experience causes undo lag.
The lag is why I am not playing this right now =(

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Solar generator-

It is not craftable, it shows in the grid then will not pull out.

I checked the recipe in the minetweaker config on both client and server and they appear to match.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The lag is why I am not playing this right now =(

Mostly fixed. The mostly is why I haven't pushed an update yet.

Solar generator-

It is not craftable, it shows in the grid then will not pull out.

I checked the recipe in the minetweaker config on both client and server and they appear to match.

Will look into this.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Looks really nice! I played on single player for 5 minutes, and then we just decided to set up a server for our admins and mods to play on :) Should be great for stress reduction. I love running a MF2 server, but i like running for my life from mobs more.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
It might already be on your list, but Persimmons from Biomes OP didn't get hit by the food nerf, and so are incredibly powerful in comparison to other foods. They heal for 2.5 food chunks, and with just five dirt on top of a dungeon tower to grow persimmon trees, you end up with stacks on stacks of persimmons after just a few nights.

will8c

Jul 29, 2019
I tired to get this pack but the launcher isn't downloading it. When I hit the launch button, the download window pops up for a moment and then disappears, then the client just sits idle. I'm not able to do anything else with it until I close it down and restart it.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
How do I replace or upgrade parts on my tools? Did a search but could not find the info here. I did find some info at http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1953828-16x-iguana-tweaks-for-tinkers-construct/ but I can't seem to get it to work as shown in his screenshots and the way he describes. Do I need to use a tool forge to do it or will a tool station suffice? I checked the config files and I see it is enabled so I'm at a loss.

EDIT: I see I am getting no replies so let me clarify a little. I tried adding a bronze pick head to my copper pick, and before that tried my copper pick head to my flint pick. Also tried to put a bronze blade on a copper rapier. None of them gave a result like they were not a valid recipe in a tool station. I like the pack but I am holding off on playing until I can figure out this bit. Maybe it's a must to go to iron after copper and flint can't be upgraded? I'm not sure but just asking for a confirmation if that's true or clarification if it isn't. Or maybe just point me to where I can find the answers if they have already been answered. Thanks

Because of iguana tweaks, you will have to 1) fully repair whatever tool you are trying to change the part on and the 2) place the toolstation under the repair section (the bit where it has the pick on one side and the two materials on the other). Place the tool in the pick slot, and the new part in the top material slot (the one that has the lapis outline in it). I just tested this in creative (went into survival mode first) with a flint pickhead changed to a copper pickhead and it worked.

Last edited:

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
It might already be on your list, but Persimmons from Biomes OP didn't get hit by the food nerf, and so are incredibly powerful in comparison to other foods. They heal for 2.5 food chunks, and with just five dirt on top of a dungeon tower to grow persimmon trees, you end up with stacks on stacks of persimmons after just a few nights.

I second the permissions issue, our entire server completely lives on nothing but persimmons and food isn't an issue at all because of them. we only farm to feed our animals.

Also something else that makes the game much easier is making glowstone nooks, you keep cutting glowstone down till it is ultra small and you get a bunch of them from each glowstone, and they don't set off gas explosions.

Here is an exploit: place an autonomous activator that places different ores, then a hopper under this to collect the ore with an itemduct that feeds the ores back to the activator, then you place another activator with your TC tool(several picks) in the second activator. Doing this uses no power, and will autolevel your tools.

Bug: this activator setup, once the tool is broken, will stat generating entities, we were up to 4,000 entities, a server reboot didn't remove them, but shutting down the activators did allow them to slowly go down.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
I think I read previously that you are fixing the no caves, no mineshafts is that right? Would be nice to loot rails and not have to craft them.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Why is computercraft included in the pack?

To all - we are currently playing this pack full time with 10-15 of us, feel free to join us - BnB.prospercraft.com
we found that moving it from our slower server to our 5Ghz processor server made it very playable, we haven't had to cofh killall very often anymore.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I think I read previously that you are fixing the no caves, no mineshafts is that right? Would be nice to loot rails and not have to craft them.

The no caves issue only happens with BoP worldgen. I'm going to work around this by enabling BoP biomes in vanilla and disabling BoP by default. Not ideal, but cave gen works this way.
No mineshafts are on purpose. As are no strongholds. You have to craft end portals frames yourself.

I second the permissions issue, our entire server completely lives on nothing but persimmons and food isn't an issue at all because of them. we only farm to feed our animals.

Also something else that makes the game much easier is making glowstone nooks, you keep cutting glowstone down till it is ultra small and you get a bunch of them from each glowstone, and they don't set off gas explosions.

Here is an exploit: place an autonomous activator that places different ores, then a hopper under this to collect the ore with an itemduct that feeds the ores back to the activator, then you place another activator with your TC tool(several picks) in the second activator. Doing this uses no power, and will autolevel your tools.

Bug: this activator setup, once the tool is broken, will stat generating entities, we were up to 4,000 entities, a server reboot didn't remove them, but shutting down the activators did allow them to slowly go down.

Oh, I could MAKE them set off gas explosions. Not sure if I can remove them from FMP.

I'll look to the persimmons.

I would have to remove the activator from the game.

Why is computercraft included in the pack?

To all - we are currently playing this pack full time with 10-15 of us, feel free to join us - BnB.prospercraft.com
we found that moving it from our slower server to our 5Ghz processor server made it very playable, we haven't had to cofh killall very often anymore.

I'm a coder. I like CC and Dan is finally adding in that turtle tools will take damage on use and have a maximum amount of fuel they can store now.

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
so i'm using a grindstone in early game to double ores. I've noticed I can't grind zinc in it to combine with copper to make brass for fluiducts. However in configs, brass is able to used in the grindstone. Is there another way to grind zinc into dust to make Brass before I can afford to make a induction smelter or pulverizer.