Unsupported Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGrass

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 v1.0.11
Mod & Version:??

Whats the bug? EU cables keep disconnecting from electrical engines and also from railcraft steam turbines.
Can it be repeated? Each time the server restarts.
Known Fix: Wrenchig engine or picking a block from a multi-block plus replacing it seems to fix it. After unloading the area it breaks again. Sometimes unloading the area fixs it.
We're having the same problem. Did you ever manage to fix it?

Callmebobzilla

Jul 29, 2019
ModPack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 v1.0.16
Mod: Thaumcraft
Whats the bug?
Server crashes on startup, an issue with a ticking tile entity and a nullpointer exception regarding wand pedestals. This is after an upgrade from v1.0.14 of the pack

19:12:49 Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
19:12:49 at thaumcraft.common.tiles.TileWandPedestal.func_70316_g(TileWandPedestal.java:270)

Pastebin to crash report: http://pastebin.com/LK0EY1Xj

Can it be repeated:

yes, restarting the server reproduces the issue, the server is unusable in its current state

Known fix: none

Just wondering, but you said here that your crash was due to a ticking tile entity related to the wand pedestal right? Out of curiosity do you know if there was a wand on the pedestal when the crash occurred and if so, what kind of wand it was? I've been exploring my own crash issue and I'm thinking that mine is actually a Thaumcraft thing now too, possibly related to an ID change/mismatch for the ichor wands. I'm exploring that possibility now.

Callmebobzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Upon further testing I do believe I've found the source of the Thaumcraft crash issue when updating from the Direwolf20 v1.0.14 to the 1.0.16 modpack. I originally thought my issue was with the golden bag of holding because my game crashed every time I tried to open it, however the game was crashing because of the ichor wand contained inside the bag. To test this, I downgraded the modpack back to 1.0.14 and restarted the game. I was able to access the GBoH and moved its contents to a chest, minus all of my thaumcraft wands which remained in my character inventory. After closing the game and re-updating to the 1.0.16 modpack, my game crashes trying to load the save. After downgrading one last time and destroying my ichor wand, I re-updated and loaded the world. The world loaded completely fine, and I was also able to access the GBoH.

I think this pretty definitively proves that an item ID change occurred with the ichor wand between the two versions of thaumcraft / thaumic tinkerer used in the two versions of the modpack. This might also explain Tom J Nowell's crash report if there happened to be an ichor wand on the recharging station in his server.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: DW20
Version 1.0.16
Crash Log: http://pastebin.com/16cCFgzJ
Bug: I was looking through the achievements list on the mystcraft page and the game crashed, now that world is invisible on the world loading screen in the menus.
Can it be repeated?: Yes, deleted my secondary world as well. Still in the folder, not visible in the menus. Example > http://i62.tinypic.com/vmx6kk.png (DW20 1.0.16 saves on left, game on right)
Known Fix: Tried cutting, renaming and pasting the world folder, no luck.

Try this:
Create a new world with the same settings as your old world (world name, seed, etc.). this should restore the world in the state it was in when the crash occured.

Tom J Nowell

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, but you said here that your crash was due to a ticking tile entity related to the wand pedestal right? Out of curiosity do you know if there was a wand on the pedestal when the crash occurred and if so, what kind of wand it was? I've been exploring my own crash issue and I'm thinking that mine is actually a Thaumcraft thing now too, possibly related to an ID change/mismatch for the ichor wands. I'm exploring that possibility now.
Possible, there are 3 people on the server including myself all with wand recharge pedestals and ichor wands. I cannot tell you though if any of those wands are in recharge pedestals, and can only go off of what was in the stack trace, which mentions recharge pedestals.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
ModPack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 v1.0.16
Mod: Thaumcraft
Whats the bug?
Server crashes on startup, an issue with a ticking tile entity and a nullpointer exception regarding wand pedestals. This is after an upgrade from v1.0.14 of the pack

19:12:49 Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
19:12:49 at thaumcraft.common.tiles.TileWandPedestal.func_70316_g(TileWandPedestal.java:270)

Pastebin to crash report: http://pastebin.com/LK0EY1Xj

Can it be repeated:

yes, restarting the server reproduces the issue, the server is unusable in its current state

Known fix: none

I went through this on my server. The actual problem is the Ichorium wand from TT. You need to delete the wand recharge station using MCEDIT and if you have the wand in any inventory you need to delete it from there as well. In my case I had use NBT explorer to delete the wand from a player.dat and from ender storage data1.dat (a player had his in an ender pouch).[DOUBLEPOST=1393541951][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: 1.0.16
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? client crashes when going into server, we even tried to play with an old 10 days ago save and still crashes the client
Can it be repeated?yes
Known Fix:

Can you post the client's crash log? Also, did you try to make a backup copy of his/her player.dat file then delete it? That will tell you if it is some item (like the ichorium wand) in the players inventory that might be causing the issue.

jpet

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack:
Direwolf20 1.6.4​
Mod & Version:
1.0.16​
forgeModLoader.log
MC server.log
jvisualvm CPU sample (during crash)
no crash report​

Whats the bug?
  • After 5 minutes, server becomes unresponsive. Sometimes, i get the following warning : "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?". There's also an IC2 warning about MFR autospawner but i don't know what it means : "[IC2] EnergyNet.addTileEntity: powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityAutoSpawner@54ecbfbb (powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityAutoSpawner@54ecbfbb) is conflicting with powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityAutoSpawner@31fb98c using the same position (already added, prev. te not removed, overlapping), aborting"
  • I've just updated (from 1.0.14 i think) to 1.0.16 and i've never experienced this kind of problem before.
  • Jvisualvm shows that at the moment the server starts crashing, the mfr harvesters take 100% of the cpu allocated to server thread. I've got 3 "9x9 harvesters/planters/fertilizers" side by side (2 blocks in-between) in a mystcraft age. 1 produces wheat, barleys, ender pearl (lilies), potatoes and carrot, another one produces oak wood, jungle wood and rubberwood (MFR), and the last one produces giant mushrooms (red and brown) and nether wart.
  • Moreover, MFR harvester now fails at harvesting red giant mushrooms : it harvests only the trunk now.
Can it be repeated?
Yes. About 5 minutes after each restart (1player connected, idle).

Known Fix:
Stop the server, kill the processes, start the server.
EDIT: Move MFR harvesters away from each other. I keep about 9 blocks between the edges of my farms now.

Thank you :D

Last edited:

Harro

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.16
Mod & Version: Thaumcraft 4.1.0d & Extra utilities 1.0.3a
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/bEhxDaNB
Whats the bug? Getting hit with a etheric sword (in autonomous activator) when wearing any piece of runic armor
Can it be repeated? Yes, repeated it by simply creating a world, giving myself the 3 components and letting myself get hit.
Known Fix: Don't try to make a mob killer when you are wearing runic armor :(

IHVD

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.16
Mod & Version: Extra Utilities 1.0.3a
Pastebin link to crash log: Did not work, included a file for the crashlog.
Whats the bug? When trying to get on a server, it says that the Angelic Block is missing on the client. "The following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.extrautils.angelBlock
Can it be repeated? Yes, connecting to that server causes the bug. Have not tried any other servers, and in singleplayer it seems to be fine as well, I just placed one down...
Is this a bug on that server or is it still me, and how can I fix this?
Known Fix: None Yet.

Please help.

Kind regards,
IHVD

Attachments

• crashlog FTB.txt
    347 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: JBTechWood

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Mod Pack:
Direwolf20 1.6.4​
Mod & Version:
1.0.16​
forgeModLoader.log
MC server.log
no crash report​

Whats the bug?
  • After 5 minutes, server becomes unresponsive. Sometimes, i get the following warning : "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?". There's also an IC2 warning about MFR autospawner but i don't know what it means : "[IC2] EnergyNet.addTileEntity: powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityAutoSpawner@54ecbfbb (powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityAutoSpawner@54ecbfbb) is conflicting with powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityAutoSpawner@31fb98c using the same position (already added, prev. te not removed, overlapping), aborting"
  • I've just updated (from 1.0.14 i think) to 1.0.16 and i've never experienced this kind of problem before.
  • Jvisualvm shows that at the moment the server starts crashing, the mfr harvesters take 100% of the cpu allocated to server thread. I've got 3 "9x9 harvesters/planters/fertilizers" side by side (2 blocks in-between) in a mystcraft age. 1 produces wheat, barleys, ender pearl (lilies), potatoes and carrot, another one produces oak wood, jungle wood and rubberwood (MFR), and the last one produces giant mushrooms (red and brown) and nether wart.
  • Moreover, MFR harvester now fails at harvesting red giant mushrooms : it harvests only the trunk now.
Can it be repeated?

Known Fix:

The bug descriptions are what I would call normal. The "Can't keep up!" is due to no getting 20 ticks in per second. The best thing I can tell you to try is to restore or backdate the server to 1.014 and see if these problems go away. If so make sure that all of the ichorium wands get deleted from recharge stations, chest, inventories & anywhere else then try to update the server again. Also. 1.0.17 just came out there might be a bug fix in there as well.

Kiada

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Factorization 0.8.29
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash report.
Whats the bug? Active Servos on rails get removed / deleted when the server gets restarted.
Can it be repeated? Every time.
Known Fix: None.

Never made a bug report here, hope this is correct!

packobert

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 v1.0.17

Mod & Version: Translocator 1.1.0.14/Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.2

Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/bF4bF4QB

Whats the bug? I was attempting to make a redstone transmission coil in the crafting grid(the one you get by pressing c on a solid surface), when i placed the last item in the grid, the game crashed, and now crashes on every start up of this world.

Can it be repeated? Yes, I created a new world, first thing I did was try the recipe again, crash, same results(world won't load)

Known Fix: Developer?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.17
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash report
Whats the bug? Updating my server 1.017 (from 1.0.16) caused a chunk at someone's base to "reset." All of this stuff in that chunk was replaced by new terrain gen. The chunk also generated as a jungle biome. All biomes surrounding this chunk were original forest or converted to magical forest via silverwoods. The chunk that was reset was previously a magical forest. Tried several attempts to restore the world and region from various backups. All resulted in this chunk being reset.
Known Fix: Revert the mod pack back to 1.0.16 then restore the backup made just prior to the update to 1.0.17. The chunk loaded fine with all of the blocks and equipment that was there prior to the update. So something in the 1.0.17 update is causing this chunk to be reset.

If needed I can provide a copy of the world but it is a 2GB tar file.

Reactions: Mogens Høj

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019

Mod & Version: Translocator 1.1.0.14/ExtraUtils

Whats the bug? I was attempting to make compressed cobble and crashed. I couldnt re-enter until I removed translocators and the reinstall it.

Can it be repeated? Yes, I created a new world, tested it same crash.

Known Fix: Temporarily remove translocators, reload world then enter it. Permanent fix: Tell chickenbones to look into how items render in the translocators crafting interface.[DOUBLEPOST=1393612622][/DOUBLEPOST]

Mod & Version: Translocator 1.1.0.14/Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.2

Whats the bug? I was attempting to make a redstone transmission coil in the crafting grid(the one you get by pressing c on a solid surface), when i placed the last item in the grid, the game crashed, and now crashes on every start up of this world.

Can it be repeated? Yes, I created a new world, first thing I did was try the recipe again, crash, same results(world won't load)

Known Fix: Developer?

Its not just thermal expansion. Seems that chinkenbones broke the rendering...........

jpet

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack:
Direwolf20 1.6.4​
Mod & Version:
1.0.16​
forgeModLoader.log
MC server.log
no crash report​

Whats the bug?

Can it be repeated?

Known Fix:

The bug descriptions are what I would call normal. The "Can't keep up!" is due to no getting 20 ticks in per second. The best thing I can tell you to try is to restore or backdate the server to 1.014 and see if these problems go away. If so make sure that all of the ichorium wands get deleted from recharge stations, chest, inventories & anywhere else then try to update the server again. Also. 1.0.17 just came out there might be a bug fix in there as well.

Thank you Henry Link.

I updated from 1.0.16 to 1.0.17 and it crashed the same way about 25 minutes after the process started (1player connected, idle).
So i switched back to 1.0.14 and everything seems fine for now (90 minutes).
Also, there was nothing made of ichorium in this world.
Another thing i must say is that i kept the 1.0.17 world save with the 1.0.14 modpack server (and it works fine as i said earlier). So it seems that the problem is not a corruption of the world which could have occured during the 1.0.16 or 1.0.17 update.

I can provide more logs/traces and run more tests if it can help.
I hope my english is ok, it's not my native language.

My server:
Code:
CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz - 4 cores - 8 threads
RAM : 8GB
ubuntu server 12.04.4 LTS x86_64
java hotspot "1.7.0_51" 64bits
start command =
Code:
"java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:MaxPermSize=196m -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags -XX:+PrintGCDetails -Xloggc:GC.log -jar $SERVICE nogui"

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
[/CODE]
start command =
Code:
"java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:MaxPermSize=196m -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags -XX:+PrintGCDetails -Xloggc:GC.log -jar $SERVICE nogui"

You might want to try to update the memory used for the server. That might be the reason you can't update the pack. -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m seems a little light for an 8GB Ubuntu box. I would bump both of these to 3GB and keep them the same.

slimpie75

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Ars Magica 2 version 1.1.2b
Pastebin link to crash log: Doesnt give a crash report if you're playing on a server, in single player it gives this error http://pastebin.com/AtTwpGuK
Whats the bug? If a Caster casts a projectile rune spell (a spell wich places a rune on the floor to step on) and a player tries to stand on it, it gives back a internal server error to the client (on the server it just says end of steam), every attempt of the player trying to reconnect to the server will result in keep getting internal server errors straight upon login (due to the fact you're still standing on the rune and cant move). if you're playing in singleplayer it just crashes ur client.
Can it be repeated? yes, Place down a caster with a projectile rune spell (I used projectile rune storm) apply a redstone signal (assuming the caster is charged) and stand on the rune that appears
Known Fix: for a server: restarting the server to get rid of the rune (I imagine breaking the rune in creative or removing the rune with a map editor would work as well)
for singleplayer: restart client (wich you have to do cause it crashes ur client).

jpet

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack:
Direwolf20 1.6.4​
Mod & Version:
1.0.16​
forgeModLoader.log
MC server.log
no crash report​

Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated?

Known Fix:

You might want to try to update the memory used for the server. That might be the reason you can't update the pack. -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m seems a little light for an 8GB Ubuntu box. I would bump both of these to 3GB and keep them the same.

I monitored the jvm during one of the crash and i can assure you that there was no problem with the heap. There was about 1GB heap used and the garbage collector was running smoothly. PermGen was ok too. If not needed, allocated more ram to a java process may not boost anything but the cpu load.

Also, is there a ftb bugtracker where i can view acknowledged bugs (and possibly contribute) ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.