And it's out

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet. I'm actually most interested in what mods wind up in which packs. i'm eager to compare and contrast.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Just loaded it up, got to the menu and thought my client was bugged. Didn't see the normal menu setup lol.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well from slowpoke's stream I do know that the mindcrack pack will have gregtech set to full hardmode, the ultimate will have it included but disabled completely by default, and the tech pack will have it installed without the hardmode recipes. This pack seems to include Traincraft and doesn't have the portalgun mod. It is using the voxel menu I think which is why it looks so different, but I like it.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I like the mod lineup. A couple of things I will add, but overall I love it!

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
There are now *three* different silver ores, four different silver ingots(how does that happen??) two tins, two copper ores, and aluminum is going to be far far more in abundance (Before, you had to centrifuge bauxite - which is "realistic")

Thankfully, for the most part, macerating or pulverizing to dust any ore will give us a consistent ingot that can be used in all recipes.

More concerning is the rubies. There are two ores, but only shows up in creative. NEI can get the 2nd ore, but I can't tell if both appear in worldgen or not. The one ore you can get in creative is the Gregtech ruby, which doesn't work (and is far too rare) for redpower. If the redpower ruby didn't get genned, it's crippled.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
There shouldn't be more than two Silver Ores... unless they overlooked one. Factorization is the only one they'd need to include extra. Are you looking in NEI or digging through the actual world generation?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Both NEI and Creative show 3 silver ore/4 silver ingots, but I haven't run around mining yet

Thilerion

Jul 29, 2019
There are now *three* different silver ores, four different silver ingots(how does that happen??) two tins, two copper ores, and aluminum is going to be far far more in abundance (Before, you had to centrifuge bauxite - which is "realistic")

Thankfully, for the most part, macerating or pulverizing to dust any ore will give us a consistent ingot that can be used in all recipes.

More concerning is the rubies. There are two ores, but only shows up in creative. NEI can get the 2nd ore, but I can't tell if both appear in worldgen or not. The one ore you can get in creative is the Gregtech ruby, which doesn't work (and is far too rare) for redpower. If the redpower ruby didn't get genned, it's crippled.
Haha, please don't spread false information. That they are in NEI does not at all mean they can be found in the overworld. There is just one silver ore now (iirc, maybe I'm the one spreading false info now), and from all the other ores there def. is only one now.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
They disabled the extra ores in the generation, not the extra ores entirely. Removing all the variations from the mods themselves would be way too messy.

The ingots you get depends on which machine you process them with. Most people pick one machine type as their favorite and stick with that, so it's usually not a problem. Even if you do wind up with a mix of ingots, such as finding them in dungeons, the Forge Lexicon can be used to convert them all into the same type.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, Greg tech nerfed every mechanism in IC2! I know I going to get a lot of hate for what I'm about to say, but Greg is definitely my favorite modder! He just balanced the pack and added tons of neat new toys to play with. You'll never going to read this, but thanks Greg!

Reactions: whythisname

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could stick your ores into a factorization packager and break them into ingots to get all the same :D[DOUBLEPOST=1356304555][/DOUBLEPOST]I haven't even looked at the IC2 branch since TE and Factorization came out does GT disable making block out of metals in a packager?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Considering the Packager looks for valid crafting recipes from the Crafting Bench... I would say yes, I believe it does disable that too.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Why does GT have to mess with other machines like that? I will definately not be using GT if it disables the packager

SCAL37

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can go through the config and change it. It's not ideal, but thankfully the config files for GregTech are pretty well-organised.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
BTW: The worldgen metals are the 2001 block for copper, tin, silver and lead. Redpower ruby and emerald are in the worldgen (have no idea for gregtech versions)

Why does GT have to mess with other machines like that? I will definately not be using GT if it disables the packager

It doesn't touch the packager. It just disables direct crafting of a block at the crafting table, and requires a compressor instead. The packager only looks for 2x2 or 3x3 crafting recipes for whatever item you feed it.

It's all configurable though.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know about the config files, it's just a pain because I have to change the config file on the server and distribute it throughout the server. So it looks like the DW pack or Ultimate Pack for my server than

SCAL37

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch. Yeah, I near-exclusively play single player, so I sometimes forget about issues with servers.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know about the config files, it's just a pain because I have to change the config file on the server and distribute it throughout the server. So it looks like the DW pack or Ultimate Pack for my server than
Same here. Honestly, if there was a Mindcrack pack that didn't have Gregtech hardmode, I'd be using it already.