Geostrata baffling me.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
One thing that annoys me about Geostrata (and may mean I disable the mod next world) is that stone with a higher mining level can spawn anywhere. It means that even very early on (within the first 10 layers down) you are having to dig around rock until you get a better pick. I would have thought it appropriate (given minecraft mechanics) to have harder stone only spawning at lower levels. Reika, is this an intended effect?
What rock type are you thinking of?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, portable. Veinminer 0.9.0 was crashing server side with Monster. Hope I still have a crash log for you when I get home.

SlightlyVisible

Jul 29, 2019
Whats wrong with users playing as they feel? Yes it's your mod so do with it as you please but why must mod developers always need to enforce "their entire vision". Why can't mod developers accept that while users may like part of their mod, for balancing purposes, they may not wish to use all of it.

Chamassa

Jul 29, 2019
@SlightlyVisible: because geostrata adds geographical strata and removing that removes the strata from geostrata. it's better to just remove the mod.
My problem with this lies in the fact that modpacks exist. with modpacks (more specifically servers running modpacks, with them having to update etc.) changing a config setting is often less problematic then changing a mod, because a mismatch between server and client doesn't instantly break it, especially int he case of worldgen.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Whats wrong with users playing as they feel? Yes it's your mod so do with it as you please but why must mod developers always need to enforce "their entire vision". Why can't mod developers accept that while users may like part of their mod, for balancing purposes, they may not wish to use all of it.

Because if you disable 50% of a mod you rather just remove it.
Its like keeping Buildcraft but removing the Pipes and automation

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Minor necro, but I can't find a better place for this beyond either a private message or making a whole new thread(neither seemed like the best of ideas, honestly), but @Reika, would you mind adding a configuration option for the Obsidian Bricks? I like them, but they conflict with TC4 Obsidian Tiles with their recipe.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Minor necro, but I can't find a better place for this beyond either a private message or making a whole new thread(neither seemed like the best of ideas, honestly), but @Reika, would you mind adding a configuration option for the Obsidian Bricks? I like them, but they conflict with TC4 Obsidian Tiles with their recipe.
I can add a config to change the recipe.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I can add a config to change the recipe.

I don't know if I dreamed this or if this ever was a configuration for geostrata, but was it possible if you mined the geostrata stones with a normal pickaxe, it'd drop normal cobblestone, but if you used a silk touch pickaxe, it'd drop the geostrata stone? or was that with another mod...