Remove Extrabiomes

Cattasraafe

Jul 29, 2019
Do not know if there are other threads related to this, but I just want know if I can launch a server with the Extra Biomes mod. If this is possible how do I go about such an action.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Um...not exactly a descriptive title there. It makes it sound like you're trying to get XB removed from FTB.

in any case, yes it's possible to launch a server without XB (or any of the mods you don't want for that matter). you should be able to select the pack, push the "edit mods" button and move XB to the disabled mods list. keep in mind though that other players will need the mod disabled when they play on your server as well.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Um...not exactly a descriptive title there. It makes it sound like you're trying to get XB removed from FTB.

in any case, yes it's possible to launch a server without XB (or any of the mods you don't want for that matter). you should be able to select the pack, push the "edit mods" button and move XB to the disabled mods list. keep in mind though that other players will need the mod disabled when they play on your server as well.

Not sure it's actually necessary for the players to remove the mod, I haven't tried it, but I'd imagine by not having the mod on the server then it will just ignore it for the player. I'd imagine it would just make NEI wrong.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
eh no there is a mod check in forge which won't allow you to connect if they don't match

Ah damn that's annoying, I thought it only worked if they were missing, not if there were extra mods, that scuppers my plan for using the ultimate pack....

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
there are plans to allow you to create a custom private pack where you only need to give a code in the launcher and it will self configure

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
In extrabiomes you can remove all additional biomes, so you can have normal world. However you can still have access to EBXL biomes through mystcraft (most of them is really good, but sometimes they are laggy).

Cattasraafe

Jul 29, 2019
In extrabiomes you can remove all additional biomes, so you can have normal world. However you can still have access to EBXL biomes through mystcraft (most of them is really good, but sometimes they are laggy).

I like that idea. Do I just go into specific config file for that, and would I be able to use this on the server I am hosting?

Edit: Would I be able to simply edit the .cfg to allow generation false and still be ableto use it mystcraft.

ScottKillen

Jul 29, 2019
I like that idea. Do I just go into specific config file for that, and would I be able to use this on the server I am hosting?

Edit: Would I be able to simply edit the .cfg to allow generation false and still be ableto use it mystcraft.
Yes.