[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

janinko

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, It's Sano. I guess Azanor forgot to add it xD

I'm afraid you might be right. I looked into decompiled code but didn't find anything with LIFE aspect on it. But maybe Node in the jar, if you find node with LIFE on it?

fairyhell

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid you might be right. I looked into decompiled code but didn't find anything with LIFE aspect on it. But maybe Node in the jar, if you find node with LIFE on it?

Thanks for the info, so I guess all I can do now is find a node has Victus and...break it, hopefully it'd drop some Ethereal Essence.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info, so I guess all I can do now is find a node has Victus and...break it, hopefully it'd drop some Ethereal Essence.
Terra + Aqua = Victus
Just make some.

ANYWAY guys. The Fiance's home and I'm goin' to spend time with her if y'know what I'm sayin'.
G'night.

fairyhell

Jul 29, 2019
Terra + Aqua = Victus
Just make some.

ANYWAY guys. The Fiance's home and I'm goin' to spend time with her if y'know what I'm sayin'.
G'night.

No, I don't need research points.
If you're going to make Advanced Golem, you'd have same issue.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Should really commit the information in threads like these to wiki's and then bridge the discussion over to the thread.

Since there is not a T4 wiki yet and the attempt that they made in converting the T3 wiki over is horrid, but I suppose it still lacked a great deal of information before that.

Either way putting info into a wiki means it has a chance to be corrected/changed, and isn't hard to find.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Note from experience & testing: Do Not use tools with area effects on Silverwood trees or totem. These tools destroy the nodes. I say this because TiCo lumber axes or dc axes seem the best way to harvest trees. With TC4 this is a negative.
Also in Silverwood trees, the node is housed in the log that bears a dark spot. I don't know if this is a bug or an intended feature but breaking a block that hold a node, also destroys the node, unlike in TC3.

Be warned when harvesting totems or Silverwood

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Note from experience & testing: Do Not use tools with area effects on Silverwood trees or totem. These tools destroy the nodes. I say this because TiCo lumber axes or dc axes seem the best way to harvest trees. With TC4 this is a negative.
Also in Silverwood trees, the node is housed in the log that bears a dark spot. I don't know if this is a bug or an intended feature but breaking a block that hold a node, also destroys the node, unlike in TC3.

Be warned when harvesting totems or Silverwood

I think it's intended. He mentioned in a recent bugfix "Node in a jar silverwood pure nodes, no longer crashes the game." Sooo You just have to be careful chopping a silverwood possibly wait untill you can jar the nodes. Or you can just grab dartcraft and forcewrench. XD Then again you can just force wrench nodes in general... so stick with the node in a jar method.

Reactions: RedBoss

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to reset the nodes? I generated a world where I could not find any normal nodes. Zoomed around in creative mode only to find that the only nodes that spawned where Dark nodes and pure nodes in *some* of the silverwood trees. I was under the impression that nodes where in every silverwood tree.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to reset the nodes? I generated a world where I could not find any normal nodes. Zoomed around in creative mode only to find that the only nodes that spawned where Dark nodes and pure nodes in *some* of the silverwood trees. I was under the impression that nodes where in every silverwood tree.
I believe you can manually remove and place nodes in creative mode, however if that ain't good enough to go your config file, scroll to the bottom.

Code:
####################
# world_regeneration
#===================
# If a chunk is encountered that skipped TC worldgen, then the game will attempt to regenerate certain world features if they are set to true. CAUTION: Best used for worlds created before you added this mod, and only if you know what you are doing. Backups are advised.
####################

world_regeneration {
    B:amber_ore=false
    B:aura_nodes=false  << Set this to true!
    B:cinnibar_ore=false
    B:infused_stone=false

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can manually remove and place nodes in creative mode, however if that ain't good enough to go your config file, scroll to the bottom.

Code:
####################
# world_regeneration
#===================
# If a chunk is encountered that skipped TC worldgen, then the game will attempt to regenerate certain world features if they are set to true. CAUTION: Best used for worlds created before you added this mod, and only if you know what you are doing. Backups are advised.
####################

world_regeneration {
    B:amber_ore=false
    B:aura_nodes=false  << Set this to true!
    B:cinnibar_ore=false
    B:infused_stone=false

Seems to already be set to true.... I'm using that Resonant Rise pack through ATlauncher.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to already be set to true.... I'm using that Resonant Rise pack through ATlauncher.

Oh, then sorry love I'm not sure. I think the version ResonRise uses is 4.0.1b or something along those lines and with there being other mobs present I can't really tell if anything might interfere or not.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Some things i found that i didnt see on here yet (that don't have MB or TT next to them):
wand recharge pedestal research; potentia, praecantatio, and permutatio (going by the recipe auram might be a possibility too)
Revealed something after it (compound recharge focus), researching it now/soon
2013-10-13_08.28.01.png

golem upgrade water research: aqua and sensus

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note: the icy wand core also has aqua in it.

You'll probably find a lot of aspects missing. I'm aware of this. I'm yet to proof read it and I'm delayed because of uni work and Pokemon Y.

I refer you to post #51 for all the aspects and required research, should my list be currently lacking.