Launcher Update 1.2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

unv_annihilator

Jul 29, 2019
Update: Seems to be an issue with the new GeoDNS, should be fixed shortly.

Update 2: GeoDNS issues should be fixed, during the GeoDNS issues there was a possibility for antivirus to flag it as malicious, however, that was a false positive and you shouldn't see it flagged again in the future as it was purely related to the DNS issue.

Hello everyone, quick announcement from me about the most recent launcher update.

For starters if you want a change-log then feel free to check it out over here.

Now onto some detailed information regarding the main changes and some additional changes to the repository.

So one of the main issues we had with our repository was the generation and caching of md5's server side.* These issues would cause updates to take 8+ hours almost every time we push an update for anything. The reasons for these issues were because the repository was not setup to handle md5s originally, it was added on top of it. To fix this issues Paul and the great people over at Creeper Host spent quite a bit of time changing up the the repository back end and mainly the generation and retrieval of md5s. However, due to all the changes I had to rewrite a fair bit of the download code on the launcher side to support the changes.

Now besides this greatly reducing the possibility for md5 issues this also should help improve performance server side quite a lot. We are making these changes and improvements now so we can test and fix up any issues if they occur now so that when the new launcher (v2.0) comes out everything works smoothly.

As another note we're rolling the changes out incrementally as to provide everyone ample time to swap over to the newest version of the launcher and to reduce issues if something was to fail on the current md5 method. Due to this we've essentially split the servers in half currently and will be slowly transferring the remaining servers onto the new method and back-end once we feel we've given users ample time to update and the new system is proven to be stable. A side effect of this might be slower downloads due to our servers being split, but as we update the other servers you should get your normal speeds again. Another possible issue with the servers available being changed is if you had a specific download server selected under the advanced options of your launcher then it would be a good idea to check your options after the update to be sure you have the correct server selected (Unseen side-effect, I apologize for the inconvenience this might bring to some).

I hope everyone enjoys the modpacks and hopefully nothing breaks ;)

*(MD5's are used to verify the integrity of files/downloads between the launcher and the repository.)

-unv annihilator
FTB Launcher Developer

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
It does work, things do download. If it doesn't work for you, then you did it wrong.
Tested on stream. Go look if you don't believe me.

JohnnyB205

Jul 29, 2019
unv_annhilator i have a problem with my FTB. I just downloaded the new update but i can't play it though. Every time I log on to FTB (Ultimate Pack) it says that I crash. :( Please help me!

Bonzai1102

Jul 29, 2019
Nice...
But now i get this:
12-09-201322-04-.png

And Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/pS2YaAp3

unv_annihilator

Jul 29, 2019
Nice...
But now i get this:

And Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/pS2YaAp3

Looking into this now.[DOUBLEPOST=1379017380][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure if this is due to us using a new DNS, new urls, or possibly due to the recent GeoDNS issue, but I seriously doubt it being a real infection as we keep close eyes on the repository ftp server.

I suggest launching the launcher again and seeing if it tosses the same thing as the DNS issues should be resolved.

Reactions: Bonzai1102

unv_annihilator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, looks better.
The error messages from the launcher are also gone.
Thanks ;)

Good to hear, sorry for any issues or scare that might have caused. That error page should also no longer appear so it should prevent this from happening in the future as well. Thanks for the report of the issue however, glad we could get it fixed quickly.

Reactions: Bonzai1102

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Thank you. Hoping to see the Unleashed Pack at 1.6.X or even 1.7.X in the near future.

Finnen78

Jul 29, 2019
Hi... im crashing in minecraft every time is start the 1.2.7 Launcher, i just updated it from the 1.2.6 launcher.

this is what the console window says

D:\--0--FTB\Direwolf20_1_5_2\minecraft\bin\natives\jinput-dx8.dll (Åtkomst nekad): java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\--0--FTB\Direwolf20_1_5_2\minecraft\bin\natives\jinput-dx8.dll (Åtkomst nekad)
Extraction Failed
Error occurred during downloading the game

Pickle6415

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to play also, however my launcher is working. It's when the game starts, and forge starts to load the mods. It's just freezing at that point and forge isn't doing anything. I am looking to see if updating my copy of forge will fix the issue (I'm actually playing Unleashed, not Direwolf) I will update if it works.

**update**
Didn't work. Is it the launcher causing the issue? I will continue using the old launcher until the problem is fixed :)

Aaaaaand I'm a noob. I fixed it. :p

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
Re-downloaded all three of the main 1.5.2 mod packs (took about 12 secs for unhinged) and I did not have any problems. Good job thus far guys.

unv_annihilator

Jul 29, 2019
Attempting to download the Direwolf20 1.5 v2 (v1.1.4) server appears to just land you at creeperhost's main page, showing me a nice advert for their server packages, but not actually downloading the zip file.

The URL it opens is: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/modpacks^Direwolf20_1_5_2^1_1_4^Direwolf20_1_5_2-server.zip

Using wget yields a 404 error.

There is now a server side fix for this, however you can also just redownload the launcher for a launcher side fix as well. Not going to push a new build though as it's fixed server side as well. Thank you for the issue report though.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry its not working for you mrAZman34 but if you do not post the crash report then the FTB team has no idea what went wrong for you man. I just tested unhinged again and I played it for 60 seconds without error on my side, so please post that log file.

Status
Not open for further replies.