Thaumcraft 4 or morph mod 1.6.2 pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

chardo440

Jul 29, 2019
So we gotta be getting pretty close to a 1.6 pack I'd imagine would anyone else really like to see that morph mod in there? I'm guessing Thaumcraft 4 will be like 1.7 - 1.8 because I do believe thaumcraft 3 is updated to 1.6. So thoughts?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
So we gotta be getting pretty close to a 1.6 pack I'd imagine would anyone else really like to see that morph mod in there? I'm guessing Thaumcraft 4 will be like 1.7 - 1.8 because I do believe thaumcraft 3 is updated to 1.6. So thoughts?

There's no ETA for 1.6.2 packs. TC4 is for 1.6.2.
Morph looks annoying but incredibly well done. So well done that people are going to die a lot on servers due to mistaken identity. I also dislike people being able to use my avatar.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

chardo440

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really asking for dates or anything lmao. I'm just asking if you think the morph mod might be in it and what people think of TC4 and Morph mod. I could care less when the mod packs actually release xD

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Morph looks annoying but incredibly well done. So well done that people are going to die a lot on servers due to mistaken identity. I also dislike people being able to use my avatar.
From my knowledge of Morph, people can only use another player's avatar if they kill that person. (I'm going off a comment where Pahimar stated that Soaryn killed him when he first got on FC2; incidentally, Soaryn is the only person that seem to be able to transform in Pahimar). It's going to be pretty hilarious on PvP servers though.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft 3 is not updated to 1.6. Azanor is working on Thaumcraft 3.1 currently, and you can see some snipits on his youtube channel.
Dude, it's pretty much an unspoken rule not to ask about updating the packs. You probably gonna get shot. Just saying.
Most likely.
I'm just asking if you think the morph mod might be in it and what people think of TC4 and Morph mod. I could care less when the mod packs actually release xD
Argh, that's a pet peeve of mine. Just so you know, it's couldn't care less, not could. If you could care less that means that you are "above 0" in the carometer, if you couldn't care less that means you are at absolute 0, you do not give anything. Thaumcraft 4 doesn't even exist AFAIK. I read briefly about Morph and it seems like a very pointless mod. It also adds some conflicts with Hats mod, which are already in the FTB packs, because it's awesome.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The thing with Morph is that it's just like most other mods made by iChun... it's silly fun, but just like that guy that comes in making jokes when you absolutely don't feel like laughing, silly fun sometimes gets in the way. There's absolutely no reason not to bundle Morph into future packs, but it should probably be disabled by default.

Thaumcraft 4 doesn't even exist AFAIK.

Actually it was made official just yesterday that there will be no 3.1, but it's rather going straight to 4.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
As a rough guess (going on the little I've heard from Slow on it), I'd say that the morph mod would probably be included, disabled by default (like the hats mod, go figure).

TC4 is interesting, and I definitely like the new research method in comparison to the old one (still looks boring as hell to go through multiple times, though).

I'm not sure that the 1.6.2 packs are getting "pretty close", even FC2 is still waiting on a few bits that many players would consider essential. Then there's the testing phase, before the full release. The other issue is that it's getting towards con season, and the busy time for everyone, so development may all but shut down. There was something in Slow's steam a while back basically saying something like, if there can't be an update in the next month or two, it might not arrive at all until the new year.

Personally, I think that the 1.6.2 packs are going to be a more controversial change than other major updates, with the changes to IC2, TE3 coming out, and now TC4, all with fairly radical differences, there may well be people hanging around on 1.5.2, and even 1.4.7 for the foreseeable future.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you worry about 1.6.2 packs - today Mojang released snapshot for 1.7 so when Thaumcraft 4, Thermal Expansion 3, new changed IC2 (for me it's IC2.5) will be released new vanilla version 1.7.x will be on the market so then we will be waiting for another mods update. And so on.

Back to the subject i like new research on Thaumcraft. Also new aura system is making T4 harder mod.

I like a lot Morph mod - you simply can be any mob or player you like :)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
The thing with Morph is that it's just like most other mods made by iChun... it's silly fun, but just like that guy that comes in making jokes when you absolutely don't feel like laughing, silly fun sometimes gets in the way. There's absolutely no reason not to bundle Morph into future packs, but it should probably be disabled by default.

Actually it was made official just yesterday that there will be no 3.1, but it's rather going straight to 4.
hmm... Cool. I don't have time to watch right now, I don't really pay attention to mod news until the mod is out.

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
The friq is Thaumcraft 4? There's no such thing.

There are recent teaser videos showing Thaumcraft 3.1, but that hardly counts as "4"

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
What I wonder about morph, is how it works with player detectors and such from MFFS. Does it allow you to enter another's MFFS security field if you have killed and are morphed into that player?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
What I wonder about morph, is how it works with player detectors and such from MFFS. Does it allow you to enter another's MFFS security field if you have killed and are morphed into that player?
I am pretty sure that, since you can't "talk using the voice of the thing you are morphed into," that it won't actually overwrite your player name. I may be wrong on this, because I haven't actually tinkered around with Morph.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not, but it would be cool if MFFS did add in support for morph. That would be kinda cool.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
What I would like to know about the Morph mod is how it interacts with other mod entities so that I can better prepare for when they use it and Blood Magic together. I am sure more than one person will want to use Morph to walk around as a Demon, but if it starts crashing due to something I cannot prepare for, I won't be too happy.

For instance, what methods does it use when the player attacks? What does it check for? Can you fly if the entity you are mimicking can fly? There are a lot of things that need to be answered to unify the packs better.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
What I would like to know about the Morph mod is how it interacts with other mod entities so that I can better prepare for when they use it and Blood Magic together. I am sure more than one person will want to use Morph to walk around as a Demon, but if it starts crashing due to something I cannot prepare for, I won't be too happy.

For instance, what methods does it use when the player attacks? What does it check for? Can you fly if the entity you are mimicking can fly? There are a lot of things that need to be answered to unify the packs better.

You could always read the code?