Tinker's Construct Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vince959

Jul 29, 2019
I drained the molten metal from the faucet to a seared glass.
Tried to bucket it back in the basin, it doesn't work, bucket it to the lava tank on the side of the smeltery, doesnt work.

Now how do I pour the molten liquid back inside the smeltery?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I drained the molten metal from the faucet to a seared glass.
Tried to bucket it back in the basin, it doesn't work, bucket it to the lava tank on the side of the smeltery, doesnt work.

Now how do I pour the molten liquid back inside the smeltery?
I don't think you can. Try combining the molten metal in the container with a mold and see if that works

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Place a piece of seared glass down. Right click it with your bucket, the liquid should go it. Place a faucet on the side of the glass. Place a casting table underneath it. But your ingot cast in it. Right click the faucet, the liquid should go in. Put your ingot(s) inside the smeltery. Ta-da!

Reactions: Freakscar

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I also was wondering how to get less than 9 units of molten metal out of the basin & back into the smeltery. I was also wondering how to use gates to help automate the process. It turns out that you can reverse a drain block & pipe liquids out of the basin & back into the smeltery. To detect the smeltery's block inventory, a gate has to be next to the controller block, to detect the liquid inventory, the gate has to be next to a drain block. Add in some redstone timers & I should have everything I need to get the smeltery working with my AE autocrafting system.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
How do you smelt the little nuggets in the smeltery?

Berry bushes are equivalent of a nugget: they smelt just fine.
Other nuggets (I think they came from the infernal furnace; not sure, but NEI lists two different types of iron nuggets in the ore dictionary, for example) don't seem to melt.

Heck, there is no "nugget cast" for draining the smeltery out.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You'll need at least 9 nuggets worth of whatever it is for an ingot.

To get liquids out of the casting basin, use water proof pipes or liquiducts, and pump them into a reversed seared drain. (Small Side facing inwards). Either Ducts or pipes will connect to the tanks. Just remember to turn them off before you cast things, or you'll end up trying to fill them while it's draining them. As you might suspect, that doesn't work too well.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
You'll need at least 9 nuggets worth of whatever it is for an ingot.

That much I figured out; I had to wait for more berry bushes to grow to get an ingot. As I said, I couldn't use the actual nuggets in there.

To get liquids out of the casting basin, use water proof pipes or liquiducts, and pump them into a reversed seared drain. (Small Side facing inwards). Either Ducts or pipes will connect to the tanks. Just remember to turn them off before you cast things, or you'll end up trying to fill them while it's draining them. As you might suspect, that doesn't work too well.

Err ... docs? Where are there pipes in here?
EDIT: If it matters, the UHS ultra hard survival pack.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Damn, those redstone circuits were part of RedPower2. Instead of 2 gates & a timer, I'm using 5 gates & some rednet cable (the redstone clock from extra utilities can't be turned off as far as I can tell).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, those redstone circuits were part of RedPower2. Instead of 2 gates & a timer, I'm using 5 gates & some rednet cable (the redstone clock from extra utilities can't be turned off as far as I can tell).

You do relize if your going to use rednet anyways you might want to look into the rednet contorler and you could be back to 2 gates and a contorler acting as a timer.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
@keybounce: if you're using only Tinkers, you'll have to add more to it until you've got enough in the basins. But Thermal Expansion and Buildcraft both add pipes which can do the job. Extra Utilities might be able to pipe it out as well. I haven't tried.

@MacAisling: Saice is right. Build a Programmable Rednet controller. I use One-shot pulse for manual control or Wave (Square) [Timer]. Set the constant for 80 on the timer and it'll pulse every four seconds which seems to be just right to pour a block, and have it harden to be sucked out by Hoppers into a chest. Easy automation.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I nice thing about the RedNet contorler. It might be a bit of a bear to frist learn. But once you get the basics down it can do a lot. It is not even limited by the 6 pages it comes with there are upgrades if you need more complex setups. Heres the kicker if you plan ahead you can use one contorler heavyly programed for your whole base. Just pick colors needed and set those up how you like. Say like Red always being a 20 tick clock while Black always being a 4 tick clock. For common things like clocks you can basicly just build a sort of Master clock out of RedNet Contorler.

You can of course take this even father with stuff like inputs and outputs to toggle varius signels on and off. It is actually a fairly powerful little block.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, PRC's are kind of awesome. I'm still learning how to work them. Shneeky had a great post about them which is how I figured it out. There is an in-game manual but it's... less than helpful unless you know what you're doing already.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
You do relize if your going to use rednet anyways you might want to look into the rednet contorler and you could be back to 2 gates and a contorler acting as a timer.

I never said it was an elegant solution, just that I got it to work. If the gates could use "red pipewire signal off" as an input condition, I could have done it with 3 gates, as is I needed to add in a not gate between the controller items in inventory detector & the clock. I could probably have done it with a block & a redstone torch between the extra gates, but I had the extra rednet cable from wiring my bank of magmatic engines up to a lever. I had to use 2 extra gates because a redstone signal next to the smeltery controller seems to shut it down just like powering a hopper. Right now I have to manually set up the smeltery for what I want to cast (I have 6 basins & 3 casting tables that can be individually set to auto pour if there is liquid in the smeltery, at 4 blocks high, I think it can handle 2 full stacks of sand before I have to start worrying about shutting it down with too many blocks (the condition to pour is inventory empty & liquid in tank)). Default set-up is to cast ingots at a single table so I can request just what I need from my ME system (the interface is connected through enderchests). Unfortunately, the 3 types of bronze in the modpack do not seem to be interchangeable atm (TC bronze doesn't work in Forestry machine recipes) [Unleashed for 1.5.2 modpack].

I

I_need_A_life

How do you smelt the little nuggets in the smeltery?

Berry bushes are equivalent of a nugget: they smelt just fine.
Other nuggets (I think they came from the infernal furnace; not sure, but NEI lists two different types of iron nuggets in the ore dictionary, for example) don't seem to melt.

Heck, there is no "nugget cast" for draining the smeltery out.
Um man your game is MEST up there is a, and I quote, 'Nugget cast' and if they don't smelt than make them in to an ingot AND then smelt. FB