GalacticCraft

Would you want GalaticCraft in FTB?

• Total voters

1029chris

Jul 29, 2019
The GalacticCraft mod is a mod that adds about 15 new dimensions and probably more to come. It allows you to build a spaceship and blast off to other planets. The mod is going to be released very soon. It adds new ores like titanium. Also new ores on other planets. Moon buggies, Space Suits, and even aliens. Here's The link to the mod page: http://www.micdoodle8.com/galacticraft/index.html
Here is a Mod Review:​
I hope this mod could be added to mindcrack, or maybe direwolf20, when it comes out.​
Thanks for reading.​
Vote in the Poll if you want it!​

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Simon and Lewis of Yogcast have done some vids of this mod too, some of the "bugs" have been squished in the version they are using.
Definately feels like a good mod to add to a tech pack, even more then mystcraft really for pure tech.

varkarrus

Jul 29, 2019
I hope that if they add it they integrate it nicely. You know, using buildcraft liquid pipes instead of oxygen pipes (I know oxygen is technically a gas but it could be treated as a liquid for this...), and using advanced alloys instead of those heavyduty plates, and also using the standard IC2 jetpack instead of the Galacticraft one. Oxygen collectors could even be powered by IC2 power.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
the only problem I see so far at adding it: there was this problem when twilight forest was added to the direwolf20-pack, it demanded age9, which is already occupied by mystcraft, if someone starts exploring books.

so, the same thing could happen if a new mod demands 15 different worlds.

the easiest way to solve that: a routine that checks which world-IDs are already in use and take the first one that is free. like the way mystcraft does.

seaeagle23

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,
I would love to have a Galacticraft and tech world mod pack.

I dont post a lot, because I dont usually have much to say.

Bearing that in mind I would first off chastise all those who are giving
the developers here at FTB grief over the mod packs available to the players.

Secondly, thank you for the mod packs you have given us.

Thirdly, well that is more than enough from me.'

Regards,

Seaeagle
Captian of the Kemenndur Empire
(a little corny I know)

ZachTheCommie

Jul 29, 2019
It would make a lot of sense to add it in. It can merge with regular tin and copper ore, and titanium and steel can be made through existing recipes with the blast furnaces and whatnot, making the mod more balanced. Having all of the building blocks and microblocks in FTB will also drastically expand the options for making a cool rocket base and launch pad. And it could be compatible with the existing oil in FTB, and associated refineries.

Basically, in order to work the mod into FTB, it would require a lot of work merging it with the others mods, but it would fit in nicely.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
You do realize this pack is in Ampz right?

What is Ampz?

Also, I'd also like to see Galacticraft be added to the packs. I suggested it to Direwolf a few weeks ago via twitter, but knowing the amount of things that must be sent to him I doubt he saw it. It would be pretty neat to see it on Forgecraft too. He builds a workshop in a void age each time. I think it would be interesting to see him build a workshop/nexus in space. Then he could really call it "The Workshop at the end of the Universe." It'd be more fitting at least.