New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite true. MineFactory Reloaded machines can use EU or MJ. In fact, MFR machines accept Universal Electricity power, too.

So you are partially correct, since most mods make use of MJ. Some mods make use of both EU and MJ, and a small number of mods accept power from multiple power-producing mods.
That doesn't refute the point that IC2 is the only mod in the pack that uses exclusively EU. Other mods CAN use EU, but as you have stated those same mods can easily use MJ and there are more mods that only use MJ (TE, BC, RC, Forestry). Of course, UE also works for those, but UE isn't in the base pack. Also, as previously stated, while Factorization has Charge it can be produced using RC's steam boilers and a Factorization turbine.

Anyway, anyone else notice damage immunity when wearing rubber boots? had skeletons attack me and creepers blowing up on me and they do no damage with just me wearing rubber boots. This isn't the first time I've noticed it either.

Lemcio

Jul 29, 2019
Just instaled Unhinged mod pack and added extra bees/trees ( I love my bees :) ) some recipes are insane, but im slowly progressing. I just cant find hotkey for map to delate the old dont needed waypoints any idea ?

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Just instaled Unhinged mod pack and added extra bees/trees ( I love my bees :) ) some recipes are insane, but im slowly progressing. I just cant find hotkey for map to delate the old dont needed waypoints any idea ?

Right Bracket should bring up the menu can change hotkeys from there

Lemcio

Jul 29, 2019
found solution by default it sign three diffrent actions to M key. I heve removed other two and it works fine. I must be tired after work didnt figure that out earlier

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Its probably somewhere in the 22 pages of this subject so sorry about it, is there a private pack code for the new DW20 pack, it doesn't appear in the FTB Launcher so I suppose there's a code for it but I can't find it, the only codes I could get are for the 2 other packs...

piedudeaus

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I believe this is part bug and part design. My understanding is that the old method of making metal molds fit tools (pour blank cast -> stencil table -> select type of mold you want) no longer works, by design. The new way is supposed to be make a wooden mold of the type you want, put the wooden mold on the casting table, and pour brass on it to make a brass cast.

However...that does not work, which I believe is a bug.

Workaround is to use a wooden pattern to create a cheap stone tool part that you want a cast of (say, a stone pickaxe head), put the tool part (not the wooden stencil) on the casting table, then pour the brass into it and it will make a cast. Repeat as necessary for all your tool parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! thanks so much Albeleo! The Workaround worked just fine! :) Cheers.

Char003

Jul 29, 2019
These packs are pretty nice. The Unhinged pack seems to be fricken' hard.
Question. Is the Dire pack mostly about FC mods?

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
These packs are pretty nice. The Unhinged pack seems to be fricken' hard.
Question. Is the Dire pack mostly about FC mods?

Pretty much. Direwolf talks about the pack in his Direnews on you tube.
He is waiting for 1.6 before he starts his next single player series. So he selected the mods in this pack to be as close to FC as he can get.
So that anyone who wishes can follow the current multiplayer series and use the pack to follow along if they so choose.

Gamabunta00

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I believe this is part bug and part design. My understanding is that the old method of making metal molds fit tools (pour blank cast -> stencil table -> select type of mold you want) no longer works, by design. The new way is supposed to be make a wooden mold of the type you want, put the wooden mold on the casting table, and pour brass on it to make a brass cast.

However...that does not work, which I believe is a bug.

Workaround is to use a wooden pattern to create a cheap stone tool part that you want a cast of (say, a stone pickaxe head), put the tool part (not the wooden stencil) on the casting table, then pour the brass into it and it will make a cast. Repeat as necessary for all your tool parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

No its by design, read the new Mighty Smelting book and it describes how to do it. In all honesty it makes more sense this way, for 2 reasons. One is that pouring molten metal of any sort into a wooden pattern makes no sense at all..., the second being that assuming that would work (lets just say it wouldnt burn for this example) it would create the same shape the cast would produce, i.e a toolrod pattern would make the metal fall into the tool rod shape, not the tool rod Cast shape.

Also i would just like to say that basically giving Greg his own pack, while great for the end users that like gregtech as they wont need to mess with all the configs, strikes me as a bad response to the last situation that happened since it was greg who put the crash in, not mdiyo. Seems to me (though i doubt its intentional) that the FTB team is putting him up on a pedestal for intentionally hurting people who use your pack. Thats just how it looks is all that im saying. Once again you all seem like sensible people so i doubt that was the intent but its just been bugging me.

__Miguel_

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, guys.

I have been playing the Unleashed pack for a couple of days now, and I have come across a rather annoying bug/problem. If possible, can anyone direct me to someone/somewhere I could post a crash log? The issue comes, apparently, from the combination of poison and tanks (the BC ones): I had a poison bucket in my hand (which rendered as a water bucket, for some reason), and intended to put it into the BC tank. Right as I did that, the game crashed, and now it crashes every time I load the world back up... :(

Volpe42

Jul 29, 2019
I see Unleashed adds Dartcraft which adds Liquid Force, so my question is when do we get Liquid Swartz? Though I guess if we got Liquid Swartz we would then be demanding a "Minecraft the Movie" Flamethrower (the kids just love this one).

P.S. "I see your Swartz is as big as mine"

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I see Unleashed adds Dartcraft which adds Liquid Force, so my question is when do we get Liquid Swartz? Though I guess if we got Liquid Swartz we would then be demanding a "Minecraft the Movie" Flamethrower (the kids just love this one).

P.S. "I see your Swartz is as big as mine"
Ah, always good to see a fellow Space Ball[DOUBLEPOST=1374617707][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi, guys.

I have been playing the Unleashed pack for a couple of days now, and I have come across a rather annoying bug/problem. If possible, can anyone direct me to someone/somewhere I could post a crash log? The issue comes, apparently, from the combination of poison and tanks (the BC ones): I had a poison bucket in my hand (which rendered as a water bucket, for some reason), and intended to put it into the BC tank. Right as I did that, the game crashed, and now it crashes every time I load the world back up... :(
What you can do is remove Extra Bees from the mod pack, start up minecraft and your world, close it, put Extra Bees back in, and you should be able to get back into your world, but all your Extra Bees stuff that you placed previously to the crash will be gone. As to the crash report: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/the-mod-pack-bugs.26/

Gametweeka

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to post that the unleashed pack is probably my favorite pack ever. That's saying a lot considering how many packs I've played through to mastery. Keep up the good work guys. :D

PS ExtraBees and ThaumicBees would be a nice addition.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, always good to see a fellow Space Ball[DOUBLEPOST=1374617707][/DOUBLEPOST]
What you can do is remove Extra Bees from the mod pack, start up minecraft and your world, close it, put Extra Bees back in, and you should be able to get back into your world, but all your Extra Bees stuff that you placed previously to the crash will be gone. As to the crash report: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/the-mod-pack-bugs.26/
That's a horable way to do it. Better would be to try using MC eddit to deleat that tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.