Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I love this Config Pack Velotican I always point people to this pack when they need help with the configs.. you do a great job..

I'm thinking of going the UE route in 1.6.2 anyway.. But a lot of people use this pack.

Yeah and Greg is a dung head. I had his back for a bit.. But then he went and did the crash thing... Not cool.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It's nice to see my work over the last few months has been appreciated. It's not often very obvious. :)

Btw, you were one of the reasons I thought AdvancingCraft was possible. I saw a single person doing a huge sum of work and was inspired to try it when Guswut mentioned he had a server. So yes, your work has been appreciated for quite some time now.

Reactions: Velotican

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. Is it possible to update AE for version 1.4.7? I know that there isn't nether quartz and all that stuff, but I'd really like to get fuzzy/precise preformatting if possible. Those only require wool, so I don't think it should be much of a problem, but I don't know much about configs, etc.

Thanks.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Those features are only in versions of AE compatible with Minecraft 1.5.X so you're out of luck. Sorry about that. :(

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Future versions of the Universal Config Pack will be under a new name - because it won't be Universal anymore. GregTech will not be supported going forward - this also means FTB Unhinged will not be supported by this config pack.

The config pack will support FTB Unleashed, DW20's Pack, and Resonant Rise, because I get to be a smartass like that. :D

I'll try to get a new release up tomorrow, but that's not a guarantee.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
Velocitan, Is there a possibility you would want to make a all-in-1 config pack like before? Very interested in your work, I would be willing to help out anyway i can. Concurrently theres no FTB pack that has Ars'Magica, only AMCO has it. but that shouldn't stop an awesome person like you.
The Idea would be to combine 1.5.2 packs:
Magic Farm
New World
Infamy
AMPZ
FTB Unleashed
FTB Unhinged
DireWolf20_1_5
Then to get Ars'Magica, use the config possibly from AMCO and build upon it, or just use a fresh config.
Now before you say no to this, I understand the conflictions that would take place, just the possibility to play a modpack (self customized) would be epic, just having to drop in a config folder, and the mod and then be good to go.
~Can I dream?

Reactions: dgdas9

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Future versions of the Universal Config Pack will be under a new name - because it won't be Universal anymore. GregTech will not be supported going forward - this also means FTB Unhinged will not be supported by this config pack.

The config pack will support FTB Unleashed, DW20's Pack, and Resonant Rise, because I get to be a smartass like that. :D

I'll try to get a new release up tomorrow, but that's not a guarantee.

I've thought a bunch about this. And I am willing to remap our block IDs to the FTB scheme for the 1.6 transition. This is doubly true if we can find some way to produce a Midas patch file. But since 1.6 will pretty much demand map resets, I'm okay with it.

The thing I am not okay with is necessarily "tracking" the block IDs. If FTB goes and changes stuff (which historically they have not, but it's worth mentioning) or they decide to adopt a mod we've already adopted with new IDs, then it's going to be problematic. If FTB ever adopts a mod RR already has via the UConfig pack you maintain, I hope they'd consider extending us a symmetric courtesy. Given that I sometimes release 3x a week, it's way more likely RR will get a mod before FTB Unleashed does. Heck, we'll probably have emasher's mods within the next 48 hours if I can solve this power amplification issue.

The thing is, I want to make it clear to everyone here this is a decision to help make Velo's life easier. If you move a map into RR from DW20 then moving it out will be lossy because we support a lot of mods outside of FTB. That's the way things work, and some people might perceive that as a power play by us to steal users. It's definitely not. I do regret that I could never convince the modpack team to take us seriously enough to get shared permissions, but I'm not mad about it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Furthermore, ShneekeyCraft, from 1.6 onward, will also be taking advantage of these config settings as well. Many users of ShneekeyCraft like to add on additional mods to enhance their gaming experience, and this sort of modularity is something I strongly support and endorse.

In fact, I am probably just going to include all of the config files from the successor to the Universal Config Pack. Having config files for mods that don't exist in the pack don't hurt the pack or cause crashes. However, if the user manually includes a mod that already has a config file, it will use that config file rather than generating one for itself. This means I can guarantee that there will be no ID conflicts or other crash bugs when adding any mod included in the config pack!

This is huge for my users who want more options, and it would be highly negligent of me to pass up on this kind of cross-mod support for my users.

Furthermore, as I believe every mod in ShneekeyCraft is found in one or another of the already supported mod packs, it will take no additional effort on Velocitan's part to work perfectly. I suppose there are some advantages to being a minimalist mod pack after all.

Reactions: RedBoss

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
In fairness, imagine how many junk modpack requests those guys must get. XD

For RR, we've decided to put the proof in the pudding by using ATLauncher. This might be useful for other people having similar "this mod I want has a really elusive author" permissions troubles.

LeRazor

Jul 29, 2019

For RR, we've decided to put the proof in the pudding by using ATLauncher. This might be useful for other people having similar "this mod I want has a really elusive author" permissions troubles.

May you explain to me what exactly Greg did again to eff up everything ?
Like off today not like the whole scadizzle.

LeRazor

Jul 29, 2019
I myself am not a greg supported aswell and I can fully understand your opinion. Greg can and is just being an arse again.

EDIT: Or atleast i am not supporting his opinion of making the game more "difficult" or just more time intensive as a normal human being would call it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah I dunno how, a priori, you break out of the crowd. But the net result is that you cannot "compete" with the existing FTB packs in the FTB space. Which is too bad, because then the community could try and make something really compelling.

Anyways I am plenty happy. I'm not sure if this is any indication, but check out how much people are playing (select RR from the dropdown). At least some folks are having a ton of fun, and many of these people I do not know at all! And this is with me basically posting in this forum and on our own internal G+ and a small announcement on ATLauncher's twitter. As we really start pushing I think it'll grow well.

Reactions: Pokefenn and Flipz
Status
Not open for further replies.