unleashed vs direwolf20 modpacks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Looked at the new 1.5 packs and kinda got lost with allv the mods. Just wanted to know what the differences were between the 2.

Syrinori

Jul 29, 2019
And a bunch of others, but yes. Including mine. DW20's is very different from what I expected, btw.

What were you expecting different? I was kinda surprised at the lack of MPSAddons. I was hoping he'd roll out some UE my self. The documentation on some of the mods are... Lacking. Figuring out any of it is test of sanity, so I was hoping he'd start that up but I'm not surprised he didn't.

Also: any chance of hats showing up in RR? I NEED IT. (Thanks for the great modpack btw.)

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I honestly think with rp2 missing he didnt have his real heart in this update... He is a huge elo fan.. Uses rp2 all the time in his builds... I am not surprised he didnt put as much thought into this one. In all honesty I am hoping the hero dire can pull elo out of hiding and get rp2 updated....

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly think with rp2 missing he didnt have his real heart in this update... He is a huge elo fan.. Uses rp2 all the time in his builds... I am not surprised he didnt put as much thought into this one. In all honesty I am hoping the hero dire can pull elo out of hiding and get rp2 updated....

Please don't start this again. We can barely handle the Gregwars. If you revive the RP2 wars I, at least, will just leave.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
i'm suprised there is no gravisuite in dire's pack

I think he sees a contention between GS and MPS. We don't really observe there to be one though, to be honest.

But Dire's pack is funny because he genuinely seems to run it as, "The mods i want to run with for a season of recording" rather than any popular opinion. I suspect this is one of the reasons it's so good despite huge balance issues. He just doesn't care and aligns them for fun and absurd build synergy.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
I think he sees a contention between GS and MPS. We don't really observe there to be one though, to be honest.

But Dire's pack is funny because he genuinely seems to run it as, "The mods i want to run with for a season of recording" rather than any popular opinion. I suspect this is one of the reasons it's so good despite huge balance issues. He just doesn't care and aligns them for fun and absurd build synergy.

That's what's great about dire. I mean like, did you see how long he used a diamond drill for despite the better options?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That's what's great about dire. I mean like, did you see how long he used a diamond drill for despite the better options?

What's interesting about Dire is that he's actually not a very knowledgable Modded MC player anymore, but he's absolutely fearless and very ambitious in his builds. He tends to just insanely overspend and overbuild. I suspect this is one of the reasons people find his videos so accessible.

I mean, you watch people like Mumbo Jumbo build and they're almost intimidatingly formidable in their knowledge of vanilla mechanics. While watchable and fun, they still... I dunno. I have been really bored with Dire's Server play series but I still would watch another SSP from him.