New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
First, I want to say the team has done well weathering the storm so far and to every member I say thank you for putting up with the stress this has undoubtedly caused.

Second, either you chose Unhinged as a reference, or you might wanna make it clear that it isn't, since it was the name of the follow-up joke set to Unglued from Magic: The Gathering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unhinged_(Magic:_The_Gathering)

For reference, in the unglued set there was "Blacker Lotus," which when played you had to rip the card to shreds :X

LittleDan45

Jul 29, 2019
To quickly answer a couple of questions. Ultimate is a locked pack and will not be updated as things stand (without redpower it is very difficult to update these packs). With regards to microblocks, we are waiting on a different version. As to worlds updating from the existing packs, the 152ngt pack worlds should work with the unleashed pack but there are some differences. The 152WGT pack will no be update beyond what it is now.
Should the wgt world be able to upgrade to ngt?
I know there will be the issue with ores but will there be anything that could break beside gregtech machines?

Jnieco

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, Personally, I wish there was a mix between the Unhinged and Unleashed packs, I like Gregtech on hard, the main problems I have are Binnie's Mods aren't included (I love to use bees, also will missing magic bees), none of Ichun's Mods, no magic mods (ee3, Xeno's, and any Thaumcraft) I love to use all those things along with Gregtech because it helps the longevity of a world too. Personally, I can live without Tinkers Construct, I did it back in Ultimate.

One request: If I add all the mods to the Unhinged Pack, could the configs all ready be there, I would really appreciate that, and would help.

Reactions: Riuga

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Unhinged is Greg's vision. Questions, requests, and complaints should probably go to him.

There is no "Ultimate" anymore because Greg has chosen to take his mod down the path of total conversion rather than addon. I quote: "[Addon][IC² 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity Just copied the Name of my Thread, to say that "not being labeled as total conversion Mod" is false. It needs IC² to be installed, and is therefor automatically an IC² Addon, but this Mod is all about Technology, and even Saws are Technology, and need a point to be created."

Greg decided he wanted to go as far as nerfing vanilla. Naturally this causes issues with the balance of (every) other mods, so it's become a separate thing at this point.

Templar Thano

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, Personally, I wish there was a mix between the Unhinged and Unleashed packs, I like Gregtech on hard, the main problems I have are Binnie's Mods aren't included (I love to use bees, also will missing magic bees), none of Ichun's Mods, no magic mods (ee3, Xeno's, and any Thaumcraft) I love to use all those things along with Gregtech because it helps the longevity of a world too. Personally, I can live without Tinkers Construct, I did it back in Ultimate.

One request: If I add all the mods to the Unhinged Pack, could the configs all ready be there, I would really appreciate that, and would help.

Basically my question as well, tho i think it would be easier to just add the missing Unhinged mods/configs to the Unleashed Pack and replace the Hard mode Configs for the mods in both with the Unhinged configs if it is even possible without ID conflicts and such

Jnieco

Jul 29, 2019
Basically my question as well, tho i think it would be easier to just add the missing Unhinged mods/configs to the Unleashed Pack and replace the Hard mode Configs for the mods in both with the Unhinged configs if it is even possible without ID conflicts and such
Yeah, it probably would just be editing dimensional doors and Gregtech, not too bad, though Gregtech prob has the most confusing configs...

ThePokepika99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably gonna play that FTB Unleashed pack and gonna add Gregtech to it. (I just like to play with it! :D)
Also enable Ars Magicka and Biomes O Plenty and stuff.

roaringtiger1717

Jul 29, 2019
YAY! finally you guys can't imagine how hard it is to use 1.4 since it doesn't have the new holding left mouse or right mouse button to craft!

alecwhardy

Jul 29, 2019
So if(when please) red power does get updated, Ultimate will get updated too right? Or is that done?

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Unhinged is Greg's vision. Questions, requests, and complaints should probably go to him.
Not exactly. Slow and I have been kicking around the idea of a Hard Mode tech pack for a while. We simply incorporated current events into this idea. The pack has been passed by Greg however, and is suited to what he wishes .. mainly because Greg's mod is the Hard Mode mod.

There is no "Ultimate" anymore because Greg has chosen to take his mod down the path of total conversion rather than addon.
Incorrect. Ultimate is remains a 1.4.7 modpack, and will remain as such. Unleashed is the 1.5.2 'variation' of such a pack.

Greg decided he wanted to go as far as nerfing vanilla. Naturally this causes issues with the balance of (every) other mods, so it's become a separate thing at this point.

Incorrect. It has been split away from Unleashed because, a) it fits into the Unhinged pack, and b) we would prefer Natura and TConstruct over Gregtech in the Unleashed pack.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for clarifying, and sorry for spreading false info unintentionally. I stand corrected.

Edit: And by the way, I didn't mean to disparage your input and work on the pack. I kinda see how it comes off that way now. I mostly meant it as "The reason there are so few mods in Unhinged is because Greg says so", but that's apparently not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.