Dartcraft: One of the most overpowered mods of our time

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
When you use a force pick that grinds+smelts on nether osmium, it gives you gregs osmium dust. Which is not smeltable, only compressble. It will be sooo handy to swap that over for some proper osmium dust that I can smelt. I don't want to have to make any GT machines at all, strange that the pick would default it's output to GT dust :/

Does that mean you don't have the forge lexicon?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
When you use a force pick that grinds+smelts on nether osmium, it gives you gregs osmium dust. Which is not smeltable, only compressble. It will be sooo handy to swap that over for some proper osmium dust that I can smelt. I don't want to have to make any GT machines at all, strange that the pick would default it's output to GT dust :/

Are there other mods that use osmium? o_O

Qwertz

Jul 29, 2019
I like DartCraft. But it just needs some enhancements and balancing, also keep in mind that the mod is WIP.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I like were it's going and I think it's fun I just get tired of this everything is over powered crap. It's a neat mod and he is making it so it play's well with other mods so that we will at least have fewer issues with it in a mod pack.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, if configured correctly Gregtech does an amazing job of this.

If configured correctly.

That was my point, yes, Dartcraft can now perform one of the functions that Gregtech had, which means I now have one less reason to use the WGT pack when the NGT pack is much more fun.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Most power tools break those ores. Pretty sure mDiyo could do more there.

But Force picks do as well, and it certainly reinforces the original subject line of this thread. Why would anybody make a tinker's construct pick with dartcraft installed - ever? Dartcraft has higher speed values, and roughly the same options, including (when Thaumcraft is installed) a faster passive repair option.

Well there's one situation to use a tinkers pickaxe: Using Tinker's Construct smelt+fortune to dupe the output of smeltable blocks. Dartcraft doesn't do that, unless it's an ore.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
He needs to make them more metal.

kidding aside it would be nice to have some more advanced metal alloys in TiCo. It would also be interesting if we could use molten glass for more in the future...

I'm hoping for more magitek stuff, personally, more unique interactions between different modifiers, like attaching a battery to a thaumium tool adding the ability to charge itself by absorbing aura like a normal thaumium tool with repair II would allowing you to also use it as a magic battery to charge other devices. Also Tinkers Construct styled armour smithing would be nice, and of course I'm looking forward to Gardeslime.

Reactions: EternalDensity

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
But Force picks do as well, and it certainly reinforces the original subject line of this thread. Why would anybody make a tinker's construct pick with dartcraft installed - ever? Dartcraft has higher speed values, and roughly the same options, including (when Thaumcraft is installed) a faster passive repair option.
I like TiCo picks because they look more interesting and feel more personal than DC picks. Part of that is because of the 'name on create' feature. mDiyo's system of sprite overlays is pretty cool and makes DC stuff seem a little boring by comparison. It's a bit more fun to mix and match a bunch of different materials than it is to follow a standard tool recipe with force ingots and force sticks and then socket a bunch of stuff. Though I'll admit the use of fortune cookies rather than tons of lapis blocks does make fortune far less tedious to get in DC.
One annoying thing about TiCo mattocks is that they don't do place-block-on-rightclick like picks do, which is a bit annoying for my current project. (I have to keep switching slots very fast as I mine out a ceiling and place glass before lava gets all over the floor for the dozenth time...)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
But Force picks do as well, and it certainly reinforces the original subject line of this thread. Why would anybody make a tinker's construct pick with dartcraft installed - ever?

Because the tc has better yield per ore mined with high fortune? And because TiC now has high-end super mining tools that are really good? And because the the TiC tools can be faster.

Dartcraft has higher speed values, and roughly the same options, including (when Thaumcraft is installed) a faster passive repair option.

The passive repair is better on Dartcraft, although I got flux effects at my base when using the.

Well there's one situation to use a tinkers pickaxe: Using Tinker's Construct smelt+fortune to dupe the output of smeltable blocks. Dartcraft doesn't do that, unless it's an ore.

Eh, the later is not strictly true, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.