Thaumcraft 3 Silverwood Sapling problems + aura problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
Few questions about TC3. I'm a total Thaumcraft noob. Never used any version before. First of all it seems like no matter where I set up my base (in the same seed) there is no Aura. I always have to walk a little while to get my stuff to recharge. To fix that I went and found some silver wood saplings. I've planted them and left the game running (not paused) with the chunk loaded for hours. They still haven't grown. I only planted one so far and just nothing. Wtf is going on. Is it the biome? I'm in shrubland biome.

Also I have my goggles of revealing on and can't see any of the normal gauges and stuff. I'm assuming this is because my base seems to have 0 aura so the meter just doesn't show up. Appreciate the help, thanks.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you should activate the aura node regen option in your config (how-to coming soon!). That would certainly help your problems.

As for the silverwood tree not growing... patience, my good friend. These things take a massive amount of time to grow, I heard.

EDIT: Instructions for regenning the aura nodes (and all your TC3 ores as well!) can be found here.
Also I'll quote the instructions for you:
Azanor said:
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
  • If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
  • You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
  • Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
  • If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven't visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
Configs can be found under [FTB INSTALLATION LOCATION]\[PACK (FTB Beta A = FTBBETA, for example) FOLDER]\minecraft\config.

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...kk I'll try that. Thanks. Seriously? Even longer? I left it running for 12 hours straight by now. Nothing. Just frustrating saplings.

Weird that I'll have to do world gen this is a world I started in the Magic World mod pack.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
If you waited that long there may be something obstructing it, I would make a sure a pretty large area is cleared around it because they're really tall and depending on the way it's coded it may require a completely flat area around the base of the sapling.

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
If you waited that long there may be something obstructing it, I would make a sure a pretty large area is cleared around it because they're really tall and depending on the way it's coded it may require a completely flat area around the base of the sapling.
It is on a wide open plane. Nothing within 30 blocks any direction.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using 3.0.0.g? From changelog: "silverwood trees now only grow if there is enough vis to spawn their aura node"

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe that's it. Is it just me or is that a strange idea. I mean isn't the point of those trees to put some more vis in the atmosphere? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point though. How do I get more vis in the area that I want the trees?

Trulhammaren

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering if anyone has noticed a height limit to where the silverwood trees will grow. I'm fairly certain I am still on f version as I can't seem to place the nitor yet. I have successfully grow trees in the area beneath where I am building my new and improved base but apparently I am to far above the nodes near the surface to recharge any of my stuff and am trying to get a tree area up near my base. Also in the case of g version would the infused stone if gathered via silk touch and placed nearby be enough to possible spawn the aura node for the tree?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
The point of the trees isn't to add more vis to the aura, but rather to create new aura nodes, so the whole them not being able to grow if they can't form a node change is a pretty big improvement. One method you could use, if you found enough saplings, would be to plant trees just barely close enough to the nodes you go to so they'll form nodes themselves and then create a chain of those via new trees. At the very least trying it can't do any more harm to your area than what is already there.

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
The point of the trees isn't to add more vis to the aura, but rather to create new aura nodes, so the whole them not being able to grow if they can't form a node change is a pretty big improvement. One method you could use, if you found enough saplings, would be to plant trees just barely close enough to the nodes you go to so they'll form nodes themselves and then create a chain of those via new trees. At the very least trying it can't do any more harm to your area than what is already there.
That is a great suggestion. I shall report back after trying that later today. I was thinking about trying to use them to kind of move a node. I have 3 but there is a node semi-close to base so I think I could kite it over with three of them.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is true, but silverwood tree seemed to grow a lot slower when the flux was high (completely subjective experiment involving 3 silverwood saplings).

Creepers4563

Jul 29, 2019
What if I want to grow the sapling with my hoe, but there isn't enough vis in the area. The max vis in the area is only 66 and i need about a 100 or so to grow a sapling, i heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.