TC3 Essence Cheat Sheet replacement

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest leather over armor for tutamen, it's stackable, it's renewable, and you get more bang for your buck. A leather tunic takes eight leather to craft and provides six tutamen, each of those eight leather provide one, the highest number of tutamen icons you'll get from any given chest plate is 9 for the likes of diamond, nano, quantum, etc. The exception being the amethyst chest piece, from Biomes O' Plenty if I'm not mistaken, which provides 13. So you could spend 8 diamonds for 9 tutamen, or 9 leather for the same amount without having to dig around pools of lava deep below ground.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
They look nice on a bibliocraft shelf above your research table. No fuss no muss. No inventory clutter and they make the things useful as you've said.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
A leather tunic takes eight leather to craft and provides six tutamen, each of those eight leather provide one

And damaged armor, like what you get from mobs, gets you the same aspect value.

In fact, converting damaged armor drops from a mob-farm to ingots with TC is an easy way to increase resources early game.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019

In fact, converting damaged armor drops from a mob-farm to ingots with TC is an easy way to increase resources early game.

Oh certainly, using mob drops is great, one of my favourite methods of getting diamonds is to get myself a set of thaumium armour, a sword of the zephyr, and go hunting pigmen in the nether, converting the damaged swords into more gold nuggets on top of the ones they drop, converting the nuggets into ingots, and using a minium stone to convert those into diamonds. For the purposes of research, though, I'd say use the much easier to acquire leather and save the gear mobs drop for later when you want to start making the really fun toys with the infusion altar.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019

Oh yeah, transmuting basically broken iron swords into iron nuggets etc. Seems like an exploit to me but non-damaged items are not good to use for aspects anyway. Maybe damaged items could have gradually less aspect value to prevent this. They should have more aspect value when undamaged, though. Although it's not like too many people exploit this mechanic due to them not stacking.

I was thinking a bit and figured that instead of listing "pure" items for crafting there should be a guide for crucible and infusion crafting that lists optimal items to use for each craft. For example while you would use rubber for motus for stacking reasons most of the time it would make sense to use a couple boats for crafting the boots of the traveller as they have two of the aspects you need. I would certainly be up for making this kind of guide but I can start maybe Friday this week the earliest.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Something I just found playing around with DartCraft for the first time that might be worth noting for the 152nGT users is that two of the basic resources for Dartcraft, claws dropped by the humble and annoying bats commonly found below ground and force gems are both great sources of a few essences which, I at least, have always found to be in short supply, claws in particular have two each of alienis and venenum as well as four bestia, freeing up ender pearls and spider eyes for other more useful purposes, and force gems posses four each of potentia, vitreus, and best of all, at least to me, precantatio.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Something I just found playing around with DartCraft for the first time that might be worth noting for the 152nGT users is that two of the basic resources for Dartcraft, claws dropped by the humble and annoying bats commonly found below ground and force gems are both great sources of a few essences which, I at least, have always found to be in short supply, claws in particular have two each of alienis and venenum as well as four bestia, freeing up ender pearls and spider eyes for other more useful purposes, and force gems posses four each of potentia, vitreus, and best of all, at least to me, precantatio.

Duly noted.