Electric Boat

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Soctopus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
I was building myself a boat in the New World mod pack and saw that they had an electric boat. I know it's part of the industrialcraft mod because it includes a water mill. So I built it and took a ride only to find out that it just goes slower than the normal boat. What do I do? Do I need to charge it somehow or what? Just curious. :)

Thanks,
Soctopus

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
I was building myself a boat in the New World mod pack and saw that they had an electric boat. I know it's part of the industrialcraft mod because it includes a water mill. So I built it and took a ride only to find out that it just goes slower than the normal boat. What do I do? Do I need to charge it somehow or what? Just curious. :)

Thanks,
Soctopus
IC2 adds three or four new boats; there's a rubber one, that breaks less easily and can be repaired with a piece of rubber, there's a carbon fibre one that nearly never breaks and drops the actual items (vanilla boats break into 3 wood and 2 sticks), there MIGHT be some kind of metal one but I don't remember, and there's the electric one which, if I recall correctly, uses power from a batpack (but not a lappack). Someone here was having a similar issue (in that they couldn't use their lappack to charge it) and i think that was the solution we found.

In future, try and use the search function, you might have found that thread. There's also a thread for simple questions called "Ask a simple question, get a simple answer" :)

Reactions: SonOfABirch

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The reason it only uses batpack, and not lap pack power, it due to IC2 tiers.
Batpack is tier 1, as is the batbox, and the IC2 miner.
Lappack is tier 2, as is MFE.
Advanced Lappack is tier 3, as is MFSU.
Ultimate Lappack (GT) is tier 4, as is AESU.

The batpack however has a very low charge capacity, so if having problems, use the Lithium Batpack from GT. it was made for this very problem - it's a tier 1 device with a much larger capacity - origionally for IC2 miners, actually.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The reason it only uses batpack, and not lap pack power, it due to IC2 tiers.
Batpack is tier 1, as is the batbox, and the IC2 miner.
Lappack is tier 2, as is MFE.
Advanced Lappack is tier 3, as is MFSU.
Ultimate Lappack (GT) is tier 4, as is AESU.

The batpack however has a very low charge capacity, so if having problems, use the Lithium Batpack from GT. it was made for this very problem - it's a tier 1 device with a much larger capacity - origionally for IC2 miners, actually.

Ultimate Lappack is not GregTech, and it's not tier 4. It's from GraviSuite and it's tier 3 for the purposes of where it can be charged (despite being an upgrade from the advanced lappack, which is also from GraviSuite).

GregTech adds the Lithium Batpack, which is tier 1 but stores as much as two Lappacks. GregTech also adds the Lapotronpack, which may be tier 4 (but I've never built one because they're prohibitively expensive and less useful than the GraviSuite ones).

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
hWDFXq9.jpg

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, I did get the GT Lapotron Pack and the Gravisuite Ultimate Lappack mixed up - they both store identical charge, and although the Gravisuit one is tier 3, the Lapotron Pack is tier 4 - it's the only tier 4 equipment AFAIK, except perhaps the GT cloaking Device....

However my point about tiers still stands I guess.
I really should have waited for Omnicrom to come and post the maths behind it.

morewings

Jul 29, 2019
I was just testing this and found that if the boat get to a fast enough speed then you get in it with an ultimate lappac then it will start taking energy from the lappack and work perfectly

dont know if this is and unresolved bug or not but im using ftb unleashed if you want to give it a try

also just tested it is the only boat that works in lava but you still take damage unlease you have fire resistance so it works exeptionaly well in the nether

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Having electric boat difficulties with IC2 experimental that comes with direwolf 1.6.4 pack. Firstly power tiers in this mod are:
Storage blocks: Batbox, CESU, MFE, MFSU
and 3 tiers of packs: Batpack, Adv.Batpack, Energypack

After trying all kinds of key combinations, packs and stuff, we can't get the boat to move. Or it moves but rediculously slow, 1 pixel per second or something. What's more troubling is that the slow movement happens only on clientside on a server. When you step out of a moved boat, you can't break it because server thinks the boat is where you entered it. Relogging helps to see where it actually is.

But now it also seems that even rubber boat (dinghy) is bugged same way, as not moving. It is sure that this kind of boat requires no power.