Missing changelog on launcher update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eydamos

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to mention, that (again) the changelog to which you will be redirected during an update (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2405919/Changelog.html) is outdatet.

That is this stuff why some people are complaining about the FTB team being unprofessional. Providing a proper changelog is one of the basics of maintaining a program, especially when you provide a changelog button in the new version popup.

Just my 2 cents.

Eydamos

Reactions: Ashzification

Eydamos

Jul 29, 2019
http://launcher.feed-the-beast.com/changelog.html we changed the location where the changelog is pulled from in this update but never thought that it wouldnt work until after you updated... Herp derp! I dont actually have access to that file but now its moved to the new location it will be updated every time there is an update :)
Good to hear that this is a minor thingy and the new link fits much better than the dropbox link.

Stocks

Jul 29, 2019
Ashzification,
The Jar/Exe links in your sig seem to be broken.

At least I can't seem to download the files...

Jamromhem

Jul 29, 2019
no offense... but it is hard to believe that you went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 with such a short changelog.... were the others *.2 and *.3 failed attempts to fix a problem? and seems that 1.1.4 is yet just another attempt to fix a problem that has been ongoing for some time.....

RedBlaze

Jul 29, 2019
no offense... but it is hard to believe that you went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 with such a short changelog.... were the others *.2 and *.3 failed attempts to fix a problem? and seems that 1.1.4 is yet just another attempt to fix a problem that has been ongoing for some time.....

I would have to agree....why the abrupt jump from *.1 => *.4

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019

this was because the person who's dropbox it is wasnt around, we have now changed the location of the changelog, as shown above, and it will be updated every time.

1.1.2 fixed RAM issues on 32 bit java, and fixed an issue with the server filter on packs.

1.1.3 was just an internal build that never made it to release, as we jumped straight to 1.1.4 as we found and fixed some issues in 1.1.3 in the last stage of testing

Jamromhem

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you jjw123 for the clarification on the concerned omitted information. Your willingness to keep the community properly informed is very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.