Need help with powering an Industrial Centrifuge...

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
basically...How is it powered? I placed an engine near it and it doesn't align and it doesn't power with a lever or LV Cable either. So what am I doing wrong?

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
How do I get that? I'm new to this and so far, batboxes and LV Transformers don't work. But MFE's do product a loud explosion. :(

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I know about the wiring...but he didn't show HOW to get that industrial centrifuge working. As I said, I placed it right next to a batbox and nothing.

Question: How are the Silicon Cells made. The recipe says I have to use Lapis Lazuli and empty Cells, but nothing happens. When I replaced the Lapis with Sand, then the machine started. Is the recipe wrong?

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
Reading from NEI recipes here there are 7 ways to make Silicon cells in an Industrial centrifuge:

22 empty cells + 59 Lazurite dust = 6 Silicon cells
8 empty cells + 23 Sodalite dust = 3 Silicon cells
18 empty cells + 29 Emerald dust = 6 Silicon cells
27 empty cells + 64 Redstone dust = 27 Silicon cells
2 empty cells + 32 sand = 1 Silicon cell
2 empty cells + 8 flint dust = 1 Silicon cell
2 empty cells + 4 clay dust = 1 Silicon cell

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
How do you make the Lazulite Dust? I placed Lapis Lazuli into the Industrial Centrifuge and nothing happens.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
To make sure the Centrifuge works, put a batbox (32 eu/t) next to this Industrial Centrifuge; make sure the batbox output direction is to the centrifuge ..

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
To make sure the Centrifuge works, put a batbox (32 eu/t) next to this Industrial Centrifuge; make sure the batbox output direction is to the centrifuge ..

I have sand an empty cells in it and it's working...but it doesn't work when I just place Lapis Lazuli in the Industrial Centrifuge. Does it take a very long time to get?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I have sand an empty cells in it and it's working...but it doesn't work when I just place Lapis Lazuli in the Industrial Centrifuge. Does it take a very long time to get?

I usually use 64 redstone dusts and 26 empty cells to make silicon cells; and you need both empty cells and lapis lazulli to make it works.

I don't remember the time needed to process; you can find that information in either NEI or from the GregTech Computer Cube (press the M button at top right corner of the GUI); and yes it usually need a long time to process, just leave it there, but make sure you have enough eu..

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I just set the machines in a test world and it runs with sand and redstone dust. But it won't even move when I place lapis. I'll wait a while to see if it does anything.

NVM: had to place a full stack of it to make it work. The GUI of the machines should have text that says "Not Enough Minerals!".

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I just set the machines in a test world and it runs with sand and redstone dust. But it won't even move when I place lapis. I'll wait a while to see if it does anything.

Sorry, not lapis lazulli; should be its dust; lazurite dust, and only works in Industrial electrolyzer (need 128 eu/t).. so your best bet is to use redstone dusts, besides you will need the ruby dust later to make chrome; just find all the recipes needed in the NEI ..

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make steel and aluminum?
@ FTB (1.4.2): Steel is from Railcraft's Blast Furnace; Aluminium is from centrifuging Bauxite dusts (found in plains and forests biome) and then smelting it (vanilla furnace)..

@ 1.4.5 (latest version): Steel is from tier 1 Industrial Blast Furnace (34 standard machine casings) or from Railcraft's Blast Furnace; Aluminium is the same from bauxite, but the dust needs Industrial Blast Furnace tier 2 (9 Reinforced casings+25 standard casings) or Railcraft's Blast Furnace to smelt..

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
@ 1.4.5 (latest version): Steel is from tier 1 Industrial Blast Furnace (34 standard machine casings) or from Railcraft's Blast Furnace; Aluminium is the same from bauxite, but the dust needs Industrial Blast Furnace tier 2 (9 Reinforced casings+25 standard casings) or Railcraft's Blast Furnace to smelt..
Or use XyCraft (aluminium/aluminum ore spawns in world, will be in the 1.4.5 FTB modpack).

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Or use XyCraft (aluminium/aluminum ore spawns in world, will be in the 1.4.5 FTB modpack).

I heard the aluminum from XyCraft is not even registered in the forge ore dict, or at east it is not compatible with aluminium from GregTech; so I don't think that's an option..Besides you don't really need other source of it since you will get A LOT of bauxite if you mine at the correct biomes..

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I heard the aluminum from XyCraft is not even registered in the forge ore dict, or at east it is not compatible with aluminium from GregTech; so I don't think that's an option..Besides you don't really need other source of it since you will get A LOT of bauxite if you mine at the correct biomes..
You may be able to macerate the aluminum (gotten from smelting aluminum ore) to the aluminum dust (gregtech), at least with the FTB configs + default xycraft configs. The amount of bauxite and aluminum is about the same though, so I guess it is best to use the bauxite.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
You may be able to macerate the aluminum (gotten from smelting aluminum ore) to the aluminum dust (gregtech), at least with the FTB configs + default xycraft configs. The amount of bauxite and aluminum is about the same though, so I guess it is best to use the bauxite.

Well, idk.. not using XyCraft atm.. and I thought Soaryn decided not to have any compatibility with GregTech until he completes XyCraft... that's cool then..

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for the help. One more question: how do I move barrels? Do I need a specific tool?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
You can break them and have everything spill out on the floor, or I believe you can use a Portal Gun to move them and keeping the insides inside.