Dartcraft

Do you think Dartcraft should be added?

• Total voters

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I use 1.5.2, turtles do collect spoil bags in this version, so Dartcraft does not " disables turtles being able to collect bags"

I could have sworn he added that o_O. Annyway, its still a turtle problem, not dartcraft :)

Quetzel11

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't like spoils bags or certain upgrades, just disable them in the config. It's really not all that hard :rolleyes:

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
But...how would creepers use swords? They've got no arms...
512x353xDan_swallows_sword_at_Ig_acceptance1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WiIJEYvIWo.jpg

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I am not going to keep answering the replies the op asked for views I gave mine, my view in short its a really well made mod with some nice ideas but lacks balance that will most likely be fixed before the final release, as to computercraft & the other mod config options, yes any one thats made a working pack with most all the main stream mods included knows this, but mho its up the mod creator to have option off by default not ON if its over powered when combined with XXX mod, not the authors of other mods to make allowances or change mods they do not create, after all aint that what greg has done & look what happened, plz I used that as a case in point lets not go down the GT road again, anyway CC has been a mainstream mod for a long time now, so new mods should know & config to suit the mainstream.

As we can see from the poll the ftb public is divided on this one, constructive debate is a good thing.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I voted yes, but people say "add it to FTB" like there's only one mod pack. Add it to what? Ultimate? Of course, that's the pack where you add ALL THE THINGS. As to the others, ask Direwolf or the Mindcrack guys. Does anyone actually use Tech/Magicworld?

Quetzel11

Jul 29, 2019
I am not going to keep answering the replies the op asked for views I gave mine, my view in short its a really well made mod with some nice ideas but lacks balance that will most likely be fixed before the final release, as to computercraft & the other mod config options, yes any one thats made a working pack with most all the main stream mods included knows this, but mho its up the mod creator to have option off by default not ON if its over powered when combined with XXX mod, not the authors of other mods to make allowances or change mods they do not create, after all aint that what greg has done & look what happened, plz I used that as a case in point lets not go down the GT road again, anyway CC has been a mainstream mod for a long time now, so new mods should know & config to suit the mainstream.

As we can see from the poll the ftb public is divided on this one, constructive debate is a good thing.

punctuation sir. It is helpful

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I voted yes, but people say "add it to FTB" like there's only one mod pack. Add it to what? Ultimate? Of course, that's the pack where you add ALL THE THINGS. As to the others, ask Direwolf or the Mindcrack guys. Does anyone actually use Tech/Magicworld?
I know Magicworld is indeed in use but I do think even less uses "techworld".

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
anyway CC has been a mainstream mod for a long time now, so new mods should know & config to suit the mainstream.

Mods realy shoudnt. Mods should balance around vanilla or the specific set of mods they make there mod for. Where possible, as a secondary, they should add support for other mods. Now this whole problem here is turtles being able to get rare drops. Thats not something Dartcraft or anny other mod that adds rare drops needs to fix (like soulshards). Its something CC needs to fix, because as long as it keeps this unbalance, no mod can ever add rare drops. That can never be a good thing realy :)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Mods realy shoudnt. Mods should balance around vanilla or the specific set of mods they make there mod for. Where possible, as a secondary, they should add support for other mods. Now this whole problem here is turtles being able to get rare drops. Thats not something Dartcraft or anny other mod that adds rare drops needs to fix (like soulshards). Its something CC needs to fix, because as long as it keeps this unbalance, no mod can ever add rare drops. That can never be a good thing realy :)

Yes I understand your point of view & to some extent agree with it, but dan will never change the turtles (player drop mechanic)

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I think is overpowered is the force engines. They are easy to craft, they take very low resources to use, and they are the most powerful engines. By that I mean that they make the most mjs. That is why I use dartcraft. :)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I think is overpowered is the force engines. They are easy to craft, they take very low resources to use, and they are the most powerful engines. By that I mean that they make the most mjs. That is why I use dartcraft. :)
But how long does each force gem or whatever last? and don't you have to mine them like coal but you can't fabricates them? You'd need Crushed Ice to get max MJ/t but idk if "overclocking" is more efficient use of the gem, the same, or less than running it's without any added liquids.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
But how long does each force gem or whatever last? and don't you have to mine them like coal but you can't fabricates them? You'd need Crushed Ice to get max MJ/t but idk if "overclocking" is more efficient use of the gem, the same, or less than running it's without any added liquids.
They last a really really long time. (I mean much longer than I thought)
EDIT: You can use water to get 8mjt. 8 is alot for something really cheap.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea okay cool Any idea on mj per bucket? but does it's uses the same amount of force gem juice per mj when "overclocked" or is it's more efficient to use it's alone to get most per "bucket" of gem?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Okay just test them out with empty RS cells in creative with and without the liquids to see what's the output of the gem itself and how liquids affect overall output per bucket.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
This is going to take forever. So far, I have barely use 1/80 of the bucket. (I think) I have made 22000mj with out water. 37000 with water.

EDIT I have 930mb/1000mb with out water.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Okay just test them out with empty RS cells in creative with and without the liquids to see what's the output of the gem itself and how liquids affect overall output per bucket.
I have 829 mili buckets left. I have made 39094mj WITHOUT water. I have only use 17.8% of that 1 bucket.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so it's actually increase overall output when mixed with other liquids cause both engines used around the same amount of force gem? and not even 1/10 of a bucket so that's mean a force gem can net you about 220k mj per gem without other liquids. So a force gem "bucket" will last about 55k ticks or so @ 4mj/t, considering it's a "fossil fuel" I would say it's balanced to me. But I'm guessing sooner or later it'll be nerfed like everything else. From BC automatic crafting tables to Solid Fueled Fireboxes.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't EE3 add the Minium Shard drop to every hostile mob, though? Which is hardcoded to never drop if a turtle does the killing job? If that's possible, I don't see how it wouldn't be possible for the same to happen to those bags.

Wrong, they are only that strong if you have bees producing cool stuff around. MFR's Biorreactor produces the same amount of energy for the cost of saplings and nothing else.
And personally, I'm okay with them, simply because they give you an alternative nice way of getting energy out of spare Force crystals and BC liquids. Maybe it wouldn't be as "OP" if every single person in the world didn't have infinite quarries and thus infinite resources all the damn time

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Don't forget that Milk is a multiplier somewhere between crushed ice and water, and easily obtainable with MFR. So you can end up with 12 MJ/t with Milk.