Remember that boring old nether?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
No prob, you'll only get better. Look forward to watching them properly tonight.

Better then anything I could do, I hate talking :p I'd have to put subtitles over the top instead of recording :D
it's not my favourite past time either.. I'm not so experienced at verbal vomit

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, at the minute the nether is completely featureless aside from fortresses. Now we have a reason to stay there longer than necessary.

ok, add features, but have fucking sence when doing it

clouds and trees? wtf! its supposed to be hell, not the paradise.[DOUBLEPOST=1369991786][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's Dravarden, he hates everything.

Actually I think it's just trolling, I've never seen anyone have any meaningful conversation with him. It's always just hate.

so just because I have an opinion is automatically trolling?

ahh, the internet, gotta love it and the wonderful people that use it

anyway, talking about hating mods, thaumcraft is one of the few I don't hate (every feature has to do with each other, researching is fun, no nerfs everywhere, updated and always has new features...)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
ok, add features, but have fucking sence when doing it

clouds and trees? wtf! its supposed to be hell, not the paradise.[DOUBLEPOST=1369991786][/DOUBLEPOST]

anyway, talking about hating mods, thaumcraft is one of the few I don't hate (every feature has to do with each other, researching is fun, no nerfs everywhere, updated and always has new features...)
did you watch the vid or just look at the picture?
The trees are called ghostwood, bloodwood (and theres another I forget) the mushrooms look seethrough and creepy, the vines sting like a bitch, the new mobs are exceedingly dangerous..

seriously all of the new shit totally fits in with the Nether. You don't know what you're talking about

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
new features:
burning sand - hot to walk on
thorn vines - hurt to touch
mushrooms - poisonous effects
nitrocreepers - perfect hell version of overworld creepers

Apart from the names of Ghost Tree and Blood Wood, I don't think the trees have any hellish side effects
Not sure if the sulphur clouds also have any effect

No doubt others I'm not aware off.

Edit: ninja'd by Lambert

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
the ghostwood is fucking seethrough!

And burning sand didn't hurt for me to walk on, may have been my Osmium booties though

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

That's funny, I sometimes have negative opinions about stuff as well, and I even express them, noone's called me a troll yet though.

Take for example your second post where you explain why you don't like it. It still shows that are your making opinions based on emotional kneejerk disinformed conclusion jumping, but you at least explain why you feel that way. I'm sure as hell not going to call you a troll for that.

That's the thing, you yourself fall into the category of internet users you hate :D.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Your boots may have protected you. I think I remember seeing in DW20's spotlight that the sand can burn when he took off his boots.

Now you mention it, I vaguely remember the exploding tree too. It's that blue one isn't it, the one we've all can't remember the name off? :D

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Fusewood? That sounds vaguely explodey (I'm just checking the code on github, at work so no minecraft to check in game...)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the next BoP version will have Nether additions as well.
TDWP_FTW said:
Here's a preview of one of the Nether biomes that'll be in the next update. It's called the Undergarden:

tOuEmhV.png
Doesn't look like it's too compatible with Natura's Nether stuff, though, but he says that he'll talk to mDiyo about it.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
what mods that BoP?
Biomes O' Plenty. It is a different world gen mod that adds biomes, which we use on the Resonant Rise server.

Turning away slightly from your videos, which I still say are quite good, it is nice that you are recording since it may help to get the positive attention to the pack that we need to gain permissions.

Apart from that, perhaps uploading in a ... consistent pattern may be the best idea. I don't know, just my thought =3

Jul 29, 2019
Liking ur vids lambert, your lucky to have a voice which is made for video making, mine is just too...different :)
Subbed btw.

Reactions: Lambert2191

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a Noob. The Nether Ain't Boring. It has Ghast's and Pigmen and Firebats.
If I wasn't busy building a Township in the Overworld. I would probably build something bigger in the Nether.

EDIT: :)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
did you watch the vid or just look at the picture?
The trees are called ghostwood, bloodwood (and theres another I forget) the mushrooms look seethrough and creepy, the vines sting like a bitch, the new mobs are exceedingly dangerous..

seriously all of the new shit totally fits in with the Nether. You don't know what you're talking about

yeah! lets add unicorns to the nether but when you touch them you get burn, totally fits!

and yes, I did saw the video.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes O' Plenty. It is a different world gen mod that adds biomes, which we use on the Resonant Rise server.

Turning away slightly from your videos, which I still say are quite good, it is nice that you are recording since it may help to get the positive attention to the pack that we need to gain permissions.

Apart from that, perhaps uploading in a ... consistent pattern may be the best idea. I don't know, just my thought =3
I know its biomes o plenty i use it in my pack aswell i was wondering if the nether biome was added in Bop, also which version is it?