tutorial how to install optifine into all your FTB modpacks

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
tutorial how to install optifine into all your FTB modpacks

Step 1: Put the optifine folder in "JarMods" in teh FTB launcher.
Step 2: Drink beer and wonder how you could have complicated that to an 8 min long video. o_O

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
But doesn't that cause the Twilight Forest map to crash the server? Now we can easily crash all the FTB servers, Hooray!

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is a client side mod. ... how would it 'crash the server' ? Ive had no problems with it in TF.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand it but whenever anyone looks at a magic map from TF it crashes the server. Then only info I've been able to find in the forums regarding this it that Optifine causes it to crash. I haven't done too much testing because when it comes down to it I would rather have Optifine than the TF map.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand it but whenever anyone looks at a magic map from TF it crashes the server. Then only info I've been able to find in the forums regarding this it that Optifine causes it to crash. I haven't done too much testing because when it comes down to it I would rather have Optifine than the TF map.

The wrong version of Optifine will crash the client, not the server. With that said, make sure that you're running the correct version of Optifine for MC 1.4.7, because that's the latest MC core FTB supports. I believe the version of Optifine you want is OptiFine 1.4.6_HD_U_D5. From the MCF thread:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...b2-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/

(added option Custom Sky based on MCPatcher's Better Skies, fixed TwilightForest maps, updated Connected Textures: added method Fixed and connect by material, fixed Custom Colors in swamp biomes, fixed depth dimming when Depth Fog is OFF, fixed crash in mipmaps when exiting game, compatible with Forge #518, not compatible with Forge #506-516)

Jul 29, 2019
The wrong version of Optifine will crash the client, not the server. With that said, make sure that you're running the correct version of Optifine for MC 1.4.7, because that's the latest MC core FTB supports. I believe the version of Optifine you want is OptiFine 1.4.6_HD_U_D5. From the MCF thread:...

I have an interesting bug with Optifine (tested with HD_U_C3 and _D5), I can't see the tools or items other people are holding. A couple of friends and I have the same issue. It's not a huge deal (and worth it to have optifine), but we didn't have this problem using it on our private mod pack before we switched to FTB Ultimate (we added mo creatures, Pam's Harvestcraft, and the thirst mod if it matters).

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
I'm far from an Optifine expert, but I have heard of that happening before. Do a search on here - I believe the issue was that there were missing textures. It could be that the mods (or versions of mods) in Ultimate aren't supported in the D5 version of Optifine and that's why you're seeing invisible tools. I run Mindcrack and I know a lot of the textures were changed, so the same could be for Ultimate.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, optifine is known for sometimes having texture issues. Usually the author fixes them pretty quick as he comes out with updates quite regularly.