Mindcrack - Gregtech easy mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigonekris

Jul 29, 2019
Hey

I"m playing on the mindcrack mod pack. In this pack is also gregtech.
But I want all the extra stuff from gregtech but not the hard recipes.
So know I want to know what I all need to set to false so that I only have the extra stuff but not the hard recipes like for the macerator, diamond drill, quarry, ...

(I have already set the lines with expensive in it to false but when i look ingame not all the stuff is back to easy recipes.)

PS: I hope this is the right forum to post this.

Thanks
Kris

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
In the Gregtech Recipes Config:

####################
# usefullrecipes
####################

usefullrecipes {
B:BeryliumReflector=true
B:Compress2Storageblock=true
B: DifficultIridiumPlate=true
B:ElectricSteelTools=false
B:ExpensiveBCQuarryRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveLaser=false
B:ExpensiveMaceratorRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveNukeRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveSolarRecipe=true
B:ExpensiveWatermillRecipe=false
B:ExpensiveWindRecipe=false
B:MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine=false
B:Storageblock2Macerator=true
I:TincellsPer4Tin=8
B:TitaniumDiamondDrill=false
B:ToolAndArmorMaceration=true
B:WatermillReverseCrafting=true
}

The things set to false turn off the hard recipes. I kept the storage block recipes requiring a macerator because I don't care.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't, you can also turn the forestry bronze recipe back on. it's the same amount of input without wasting half of the material.

B:ForestryBronzeNerf=false

It's under features in GregTech.cfg

You can also turn up how often iridium ore spawns there. it's 20 by default, which I guesstimate means 20% chance to spawn per chunk. I set mine to 100, i8t's still pretty rare but I do actually see it on occasion now rather than running into 0-2 the whole time I spend making the quantum suit. Matter fabricator rate can be changed as well, if you intend to use it. I usually just cut one off the end so it's 10x the mass fabricator's cost in addition to being able to accept 8192 eu/t instead of just 512 eu/t.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
You can also turn up how often iridium ore spawns there. it's 20 by default, which I guesstimate means 20% chance to spawn per chunk. I set mine to 100, i8t's still pretty rare but I do actually see it on occasion now rather than running into 0-2 the whole time I spend making the quantum suit. Matter fabricator rate can be changed as well, if you intend to use it. I usually just cut one off the end so it's 10x the mass fabricator's cost in addition to being able to accept 8192 eu/t instead of just 512 eu/t.

the default of 20 is actually out of 100. it works out to be 1 ore spawns per 5 chunks, which is ridiculous. I turned it up to 50, so its 1 ore every 2 chunks, which is much better. Although I still haven't found one iridium....

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
the default of 20 is actually out of 100. it works out to be 1 ore spawns per 5 chunks, which is ridiculous. I turned it up to 50, so its 1 ore every 2 chunks, which is much better. Although I still haven't found one iridium....
I don't find them so much as I occasionally find iridium ore sitting in one of my chests fed by my quarries.

Got lucky on a cave one time while looking for bauxite, and another early on when I first started, that's about it. Dunno wtf to even do with it anymore. Guess I could make a fusion reactor, but they seem like a huge pain and I'd need an idsu or a few adsu's for it to actually be worth the time because it generates so much energy I dunno where i'd store it.

Bigonekris

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replys.

I have also a other question. What does this do ?

####################
# ic2recipes
####################

ic2recipes {
B:Massfabricator=false
B:QSuithelmet=true
B:QSuitpants=true
B:QSuitplate=true
B:QSuitshoes=true
}

KoreRekon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using the Direwolf20 pack with a couple of the mods from the Mindcrack pack added in and the quantum helmet won't restore my hunger. I checked the GregTech config and B:QHelmetHungerRefill=true. Any ideas what could be causing it?[DOUBLEPOST=1357214197][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the replys.
I have also a other question. What does this do ?

####################
# ic2recipes
####################
Those define whether or not you can craft the Mass Fabricator and the Quantum armor.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using the Direwolf20 pack with a couple of the mods from the Mindcrack pack added in and the quantum helmet won't restore my hunger. I checked the GregTech config and B:QHelmetHungerRefill=true. Any ideas what could be causing it?

This actually has nothing to do with GregTech.

Industrialcraft changed the functionality of the Quantum Helmet in its latest updates. You now need to carry canned food for the hunger refill function to work, and (IIRC) compressed air cells for the underwater breathing function to work.

Reactions: KoreRekon

paulandpedro

Jul 29, 2019
On a Mac I would download a program called Textwrangler(free) then go to where your FTB files our (u can find in the launcher settings) and open the Pack folder->minecraft->config->GregTech-> then right click the file you want and open in Textwrangler.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get why someone would play mindcrack easymode when they could play Ultimate, though?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just cut one off the end so it's 10x the mass fabricator's cost in addition to being able to accept 8192 eu/t instead of just 512 eu/t.
This is common misunderstanding of IC2 power. Mass fabricator accept maximum 512 eu/p, but can accept more then one packet per tick, up to I think 1 000 000 EU, when it produces 1 UU matter per tick without amplifier (with amplifier this limit will be smaller).

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get why someone would play mindcrack easymode when they could play Ultimate, though?
Some people don't like the extra the mods. Or they may get more lag when using Ultimate. Or they just like following along with the Mindcrackers. A very easily answered question.

Reactions: Whovian

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Because Ultimate is also on hard mode.

This is more a question asking, "If you are not explicitly following along with the mindcrack group, why would you ever use Mindcrack anymore?" But I guess this question was unintentionally inflammatory and I apologize.