Can't reach to sever error

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
On the FTB when i go to the multiplayer menu all the severs are listed as "can't reach server" I know there up as they show they have player on on a vanilla client but I can't play because I don't have the mods. Its like this for all the 5 server I have tested and they were all up. I have re installed and tried the .jar and .exe versions.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Having two anti virus programs installed at the same time isn't recomended as it can cause all kinds of wierd conflicts.
If i were you i'd pick the one i liked the most and stick with that one.
As for your problem, if you got another computer on your local network try making it set up a FTB server (just open singleplayer and click "open to LAN" in the options" and see if that game pops up in your multiplayer menu.

abuseJUNKEY

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a router try forwarding the ports for minecraft and launcher and making sure you have added exceptions to your firewalls for the launcher. I couldn't figure out my problem for the longest time until i logged into my cable modem and noticed it had a firewall on it too. So make sure you check that stuff too.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Try uninstalling both antivirus' and then downloading the pack. Then, Run the pack once. Redownload your antivirus' (but you really only need one) and put the launcher in your allow list.

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
It is not my antivirus period. and how do I fix the firewall for my router although I have never had this type of problem on any other program including other mod packs.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
It is not my antivirus period. and how do I fix the firewall for my router although I have never had this type of problem on any other program including other mod packs.

Never say it's not an antivirus. Never. Antivirus programs are one of the biggest reasons programs fail nowadays because each one is becoming more and more vigilant against unknown programs.

The reason you never had this problem with other modpacks is likely because most modpacks do not have their own launcher. And even if they do, it's not guaranteed they are pinging servers/downloads in the same manner.

Have you ever edited your hosts file in systems32/etc/drivers/hosts?

Reactions: Meldiron

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
Never say it's not an antivirus. Never. Antivirus programs are one of the biggest reasons programs fail nowadays because each one is becoming more and more vigilant against unknown programs.

The reason you never had this problem with other modpacks is likely because most modpacks do not have their own launcher. And even if they do, it's not guaranteed they are pinging servers/downloads in the same manner.

Have you ever edited your hosts file in systems32/etc/drivers/hosts?
No I said Its not the anti virus Because I uninstalled them to test sorry for not making it clear:D Yeah the only other modpack I'v used with its own launcher is the Technic launcher.
I did edit something in systems32/etc/drivers/hosts about 4 months ago but I forget why/what for but I think I reset it to the backup I made anyway.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Open that hosts file in notepad and make sure session.minecraft.net (or something like that) is not present. If it is, delete that entire line and try again.

Did you check Programs and Features to see exactly which versions of Java are installed?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have two computers availiable to you on your local network to do some quick testing?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the manufacturers website, they usually have guides on how to do it, if the suggestions above did not work for you.

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
I only have 1 computer available sorry. I have java 7 version 9. Unfortunately I have to run the launcher through a batch file I copied but changed from a one I made for the Technic launcher

mkdir C:\Users\Frogman\Desktop\FTB
"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1G -jar C:\Users\Frogman\Desktop\FTB\ftb_launcher.exe

I have to launch with this or I just get an error saying "Exception during reading modpackfile" I know lots of people don't like the mention of the Technic launcher but its definitely worth mentioning that with out using a similar batch file for the Technic launcher it would not load.