Best armor list?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

King_Susanoo

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys with lots of experience in mindcrack were to put the following armor in order from best to worst what order would it be?
Fiery, Ironwood, diamond, steel, exo, thamium, steeleaf, quantum, nano?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys with lots of experience in mindcrack were to put the following armor in order from best to worst what order would it be?
Fiery, Ironwood, diamond, steel, exo, thamium, steeleaf, quantum, nano?

1. Quantum (with GraviChestplate & Ultimate Solar Panel Helmet)
  2. Quantum
  3. Nano
  4. Diamond
  5. Steel
For the rest, I am not sure. Exo can use other pieces of armor so it could be better than other armor, but it is buggy I believe. I never even bothered with fiery, ironwood, thaumium, steeleaf, and all of those. Iron, steel, nano, quantum for me. Still working on the gravichestplate, now.

EDIT: This is also not considering MPS, which will likely be better than quantum, and perhaps even better than quantum with a gravichestplate and ultimate solar panel helmet.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
I would put Thaumium over Steel because of it's enchantability, and because it can take the repair enchant specifically, which makes it a lot more useful than steel. But not enough to be better than the quaility of diamond.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I would put Thaumium over Steel because of it's enchantability, and because it can take the repair enchant specifically, which makes it a lot more useful than steel. But not enough to be better than the quaility of diamond.

Repairing is not all that important by the time you have enough resources that you can spend the materials to make iron, as the armor will last fairly long. It also messes with the aura, right? Yeah, I don't need to go and start causing crazy amounts of wisps to spawn in my base so I can put up a thread here that says "So, I Have A Pest Problem" (as we get one every week or so). I am also using Better Enchanting, which removed the randomness in enchanting so enchantability isn't an issue for me as I can see the exact cost for the enchant I want.

And on a value scale, I'd rate diamond at the bottom. Iron armor really is the best value in vanilla, and in FTB, steel is awesome when you have enough steel from constant blast furnacing to replace your steel armor. Nano was a logical upgrade, and quantum even more so after that.

King_Susanoo

Jul 29, 2019
What about steeleaf and ironwood? those come with pre-enchantments so they are stuck with those, but can more be added? is steelleaf better than ironwood? Is stealeaf better than nano? is Fiery better than Nano? I have to set an economy for my FTB server so i have to know prices.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What about steeleaf and ironwood? those come with pre-enchantments so they are stuck with those, but can more be added?

Only by using enchanted books, normally, I believe.

is steelleaf better than ironwood?

A full set of steelleaf gives you eight armor points and has not very good enchantments.

A full set of ironwood gives you eight armor points, and has not very good enchantments.

Is stealeaf better than nano?

A full set of nano gives you ten armor points, and never runs out of durability. It can also be enchanted, I believe.

is Fiery better than Nano?

A full set of fiery gives you eleven and a half armor points, and has crappy enchantments.

I have to set an economy for my FTB server so i have to know prices.

I'd rate them as such:

1. Nano
  2. Fiery (because it looks cool)
  3. Steelleaf
  4. Ironwood

The difference between the first and second is about ten times. The second to the third is about twice. And the third and fourth are the same.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I thought fiery gave 12 armour points, not 11.5. But even so, each armour point is 8% protection. So full fiery armour gives 8*11.5=92% protection, which is better than nano, not to mention it doesn't run out after about 3 seconds (unlike nano), AND you can book enchant it for even more protection and unbreaking. Not to mention you also get fiery aura by default.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I thought fiery gave 12 armour points, not 11.5. But even so, each armour point is 8% protection. So full fiery armour gives 8*11.5=92% protection, which is better than nano, not to mention it doesn't run out after about 3 seconds (unlike nano), AND you can book enchant it for even more protection and unbreaking. Not to mention you also get fiery aura by default.

I am fairly sure nano can be enchanted, nor does it run out all that quickly (unless you are getting murderboated, perhaps), although it does not look anywhere near as cool.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That thing where you're obligated to be a fanboy and raise the looming spectre of mmMPS for Mindcrack. Happening right here.

Reactions: Guswut

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I am fairly sure nano can be enchanted, nor does it run out all that quickly (unless you are getting murderboated, perhaps), although it does not look anywhere near as cool.
Isn't enchantable nano a glitch? Although I guess what you said still applies until it is fixed. Thing is with nano though is that the charge runs out really fast.

Also: does enchanting quantum even make any difference? Presumably it makes the charge last longer (since you're taking less damage) but I haven't tested it yet.

On a related note: can you still enchant nano sabers? Haven't made one on this world yet so I'd like to know ;)