Help Getting Started in Thaumic Bees [Mindcrack Pack]

Tondier

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm trying to make charmed bees, and I've gone through about 4/5 pairs of cultivated princesses and valiant drones, but they keep making excited bees or valiant princesses. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to keep trying? Is there any list that states the thaumic bees, what they do, and how to breed them?

Does biome matter? Can I breed the bees in an ExtraBiomes biome?

Also this is probably more of a forestry question,but can I have mixes of bees and breed them? As in, a Cultivated/excited princess plus a valiant/noble drone. I've been working with purebreds entirely, and this could make breeding a lot faster.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
1) Use Diligent instead of Cultivated
2) Charmed Bees don't have any extra needs for a successful breed.
3) In your example you can get as a result:
cultivated/valiant (with chance of mutation to excited)
cultivated/noble (with chance of mutation to majestic)
excited/valiant (with chance of mutation to energetic)
excited/noble
edit: And also the reverse hybrids (e.g. valiant/cultivated)

Use the new bee breeding wiki at http://mc.nessirojgaming.eu/bees/ for your information of what mutates with what under which conditions (and more).

I assume, that you have manually included Thaumic Bees into MindCrack?

Reactions: Tondier

Tondier

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that's really helpful, especially the wiki. I've looked all over, but haven't had much help with regards to documentation.
And no, Thaumic Bees comes with the MindCrack pack, otherwise I don't think I would've gotten into bees, haha.
I think I'm going to go cry now.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to go cry now.

No need to cry, as it is really easy to add mods yourself. If you don't own the server you are playing on, though, then you will likely have to wait as they'll surely add it to the MindCrack pack as there are a few bee-nuts on the FTB MindCrack server that would love to have more bees to play with, surely!